Muzza Presents: Smokin' Beats (3 Deck)

sick mix man, listened to it a few times and gets better each time! The More I Want > Timewarp VIP > Displaced >> Subterrestrial was probably my favourite part. I also liked your crash dummy tease. You managed to get a real mix of different styles in there too without it sounding forced. Beat matching was tight and any slips were quickly corrected. overall a wicked mix, big ups.

Cheers man. Glad you enjoyed the mix :)

i listened to the mix at the gym. the intro was rude. ipod headphones dont do the mix any justice. you gotta watch ur beatmatching a bit in places. in some of the mixes, i would have liked to hear the two tunes build up together for a little longer other than just the drop.

all in all, good mix mate. keep up the good work

Had a listen in the car yesterday, really enjoyed it mate! Few dodgy bits with pitch bends and slightly abrupt cuts etc. but overall it was solid. Loads of tunes coming in all the time which kept it interesting and it was a nice varied selection.

Few stand out parts:

Sub Focus- Timewarp VIP
Noisia- Displaced
>> The Prototypes- Subterrestrial

When Timewarp first came in I thought it sounded a little dodgy, was kinda out of nowhere and there was a little bend which didn't help. Double drop with Displaced was heavy though and then Subterrestrial coming in on the 3rd deck sounded proper sick!

Mutated Forms & Netsky - Windows (Feat. Sofia Rubin)
Chase & Status- No Problem
>> Sparfunk- Crash Dummy

Thought that Windows stopped a bit suddenly and going into No Problem was a bit of a weird change of pace, but that was soon forgotten because the mix after was proper sick! Cranked it right up for this one! Big.

DC Breaks- Take That
>> Fresh- Heavyweight
Sub Zero- Dodge City

This little section was sweet, thought they all sat pretty nice together.

Sense- Nothing To Lose
>> Noisia- Crank

This sounded cool, gun fingers were lovin' it.

Camo & Krooked- Mind Is Drifting Away
Noisia- Friendly Intentions

This was another one that was a bit of an abrupt cut out of Drifting Away, just kind of stopped the flow of the mix a bit. The 2 teases with Friendly Intentions were heavy though, ended the mix on a high!

Overall mate, it was a good listen, EQing was pretty good throughout, I wasn't cringing or having to turn it down at any point. Few times there were clashing basslines, but I think that's more a personal preference thing. Will be looking out for your next one! :)

i listened to the mix at the gym. the intro was rude. ipod headphones dont do the mix any justice. you gotta watch ur beatmatching a bit in places. in some of the mixes, i would have liked to hear the two tunes build up together for a little longer other than just the drop.

all in all, good mix mate. keep up the good work

Cheers for getting back to me Akro, you're feedback is especially important as your mixes have been a huge influence to my 3 deck mixing. Yeah i know about my beatmatching man, i've been stuck at this stage in my mixing where i just have a few little slips of the beat every now and then, pissing me off now to be honest!! Generally i am one to mix pretty much all of the intro of the tune incoming, but as i posted before this is a very different mix for me, alot of different styles of tune therefor techniques to learn with them which I am still trying to properly get used to as i used to be a 100% jump up man not too long ago which i personally feel is a very different way of mixing. Cheers for the feedback though mate.

Anything new from you coming soon?

Had a listen in the car yesterday, really enjoyed it mate! Few dodgy bits with pitch bends and slightly abrupt cuts etc. but overall it was solid. Loads of tunes coming in all the time which kept it interesting and it was a nice varied selection.

Few stand out parts:

Sub Focus- Timewarp VIP
Noisia- Displaced

When Timewarp first came in I thought it sounded a little dodgy, was kinda out of nowhere and there was a little bend which didn't help. Double drop with Displaced was heavy though and then Subterrestrial coming in on the 3rd deck sounded proper sick!

This is my way of mixing timewarp mate, just smash it in lol, and i know about the little tweak, my bad :(. So much love for that Displaced/Subterrestrial mix, great to see as i fucking love it aswell!!

>> Sparfunk- Crash Dummy

Thought that Windows stopped a bit suddenly and going into No Problem was a bit of a weird change of pace, but that was soon forgotten because the mix after was proper sick! Cranked it right up for this one! Big.

Yeah i agree with that aswell man, completely didnt realise i was going to have to switch from vocal to vocal, Windows was one of those tunes i just grabbed in a rush hoping it would work tbh! Yeah i never did that Crash Dummy mix before this, might have to do that more often!

DC Breaks- Take That
>> Fresh- Heavyweight
Sub Zero- Dodge City

Glad to hear, been loving that DC Breaks 12"!

Sense- Nothing To Lose
>> Noisia- Crank

Haha yeah man love this little funky one! Nothing To Lose is a free download if you didn't know already mate.

This was another one that was a bit of an abrupt cut out of Drifting Away, just kind of stopped the flow of the mix a bit. The 2 teases with Friendly Intentions were heavy though, ended the mix on a high!

Once again I agree with you on the abrupt cut, should have switched to Friendly Intentions from something alot harder

Overall mate, it was a good listen, EQing was pretty good throughout, I wasn't cringing or having to turn it down at any point. Few times there were clashing basslines, but I think that's more a personal preference thing. Will be looking out for your next one! :)

Nice one for getting back to me Alex! Fine feedback as well so thank you mate. Ive edited your post with replies to your individual bits. (y)

Few stand out parts:

Sub Focus- Timewarp VIP
Noisia- Displaced

>> Sparfunk- Crash Dummy

DC Breaks- Take That
>> Fresh- Heavyweight
Sub Zero- Dodge City

Sense- Nothing To Lose
>> Noisia- Crank

Wow! I'm lost in admiration. You're a shining example to us all Noz.

Also...Muzza how do you get the yellow stars on the thread title?

Wow! I'm lost in admiration. You're a shining example to us all Noz.

Also...Muzza how do you get the yellow stars on the thread title?

Yes Noz is quite the badman for that!

And its a thread rating, top right of the thread in the small grey strip just above the top post on each page saying 'Rate this thread' ... i think i get a 5* rating for telling you that hahah

Big mix mate, nice flowing dancefloor bizniz!

Intro is massive man and I like your style of mixing, when I first saw the TL I was looking forward to hearing BTKRSH and Fighting Fire double dropped but you didn't unfortunately lol never mind!

Favourite part was...

DC Breaks- Take That
>> Fresh- Heavyweight
Sub Zero- Dodge City
Friction & KTee- Set It Off (Icicle Remix)
Gangstarr- My Thoughts Exactly

Can imagine that part going off in a club! Proper sick.

And No Problem >>> Crash Dummy was nuts! (y) Nice one man

Big mix mate, nice flowing dancefloor bizniz!

Intro is massive man and I like your style of mixing, when I first saw the TL I was looking forward to hearing BTKRSH and Fighting Fire double dropped but you didn't unfortunately lol never mind!

Favourite part was...

DC Breaks- Take That
>> Fresh- Heavyweight
Sub Zero- Dodge City
Friction & KTee- Set It Off (Icicle Remix)
Gangstarr- My Thoughts Exactly

Can imagine that part going off in a club! Proper sick.

And No Problem >>> Crash Dummy was nuts! (y) Nice one man

Bigup man :)

And i did try to double drop that mix but somehow failed miserably lol! Been doing that as in intro recently though and loving it!!

Cheers for the feedback dude, muchos appreciatos

updated the link on this. Won't have a new mix up anytime soon due to moving house/setup being all over the place so I thought i'd bump it for those that missed it as I re-upped for a mate anyway

Back
Top Bottom