Muzza - Drum & Bass Arena Competition

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Yo guys. I've entered the DJ competition D&B Arena are currently running for the chance to DJ at their upcoming 19th birthday event. It's a properly sick line up so thought i'd give it a shot! I recorded it on 3 1210's through Serato. Some of the judging (not all) is based on play count, favourites and general good feedback so if you enjoyed the mix please try show it some way.

https://www.mixcloud.com/DJESR/muzza-drumbassarena-19-years-dj-comp-mix/

Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub
>> DC Breaks - Gambino VIP
>> Dimension - Whip Slap
>> Frankee - Snarl
Dabs & Safire Ft. MC Lowqui - Hideout (June Miller Remix)
>> Dominator & Logan D - Giant Killa Bees
The Prototypes - Humanoid
>> Document One - Body Like Wow
Neonlight - Heavy Bettie VIP
Calyx & Teebee - Wipeout
Ekko, Sidetrack & Gran Calavera - Snowden
>> The Prototypes - Moscow
Noisia & Prolix - Asteroids
>> Spectrasoul - Mimic
The Prototypes - Pop It Off (Ft. Mad Hed City)
Premium - Slut Drop (Filthy Habits Remix)
Keeno - One More Moment (Ft. Cepasa)
Villem & McLeod - Sara's Smile
Joe Ford & Fourward - Katana
>> Jonny L - Back To Your Roots (Friction & K-Tee Remix)
Fourward - Talk To Me VIP
Frankee - Deep Down (Ft. Caan)
>> Maztek - Limber

Enjoy :)

that opener looks fucking hectic, on it mate

Cheers Dan, hope you enjoy it mate. Bit pissed off with this mix now, definitely not my cleanest one I just had multiple stylus issues trying to record so when I finally managed to get the whole thing recorded without being fucked over I was just happy it was done haha but could be a bit tighter, nevermind though!

great mix, selection and mixing was on point!

That opener was great, enjoyed the whip slap with chubrub in your last mix, great blend!

Favourite bits for me though had to be Noisia & Prolix - Asteroids >> Spectrasoul - Mimic > The Prototypes - Pop It Off (Ft. Mad Hed City) > Premium - Slut Drop (Filthy Habits Remix) > Keeno - One More Moment (Ft. Cepasa), great selection there and really liked the way you mixed in one more moment to bring it into a nice little liquid section, also Joe Ford & Fourward - Katana >> Jonny L - Back To Your Roots (Friction & K-Tee Remix) needs a mention, love back to your roots and thought it worked really well with katana

Big up mate another mix full of vibes and good luck in the comp!!

I'm going to be honest seeing as I really dig a lot of your mixes...

Selection wasn't really for me in places - but I think this could do very well in the DNBArena comp.

Best of luck muz man! Technically on point as always.

great mix, selection and mixing was on point!

That opener was great, enjoyed the whip slap with chubrub in your last mix, great blend!

Favourite bits for me though had to be Noisia & Prolix - Asteroids >> Spectrasoul - Mimic > The Prototypes - Pop It Off (Ft. Mad Hed City) > Premium - Slut Drop (Filthy Habits Remix) > Keeno - One More Moment (Ft. Cepasa), great selection there and really liked the way you mixed in one more moment to bring it into a nice little liquid section, also Joe Ford & Fourward - Katana >> Jonny L - Back To Your Roots (Friction & K-Tee Remix) needs a mention, love back to your roots and thought it worked really well with katana

Big up mate another mix full of vibes and good luck in the comp!!

Thanks Dan! Glad you enjoyed it mate. As you always seem to do you picked out my personal favourite mixes. Asteroids/Mimic has been absolutely blowing my head off! I was ucky enough to play out Tuesday night and did it there and sounded hench on a proper system :) Heard Katana at the latest Shogun in Brixton, my good mate came over to me singing Back To Your Roots with it imagining it as a mix saying we need to try it when we get home and sure enough it worked haha. I swear the mixes that come into your head mandy'd out your mind in the rave are always the best! Thanks again Dan, appreciate your time listening and giving feedback man.

I'm going to be honest seeing as I really dig a lot of your mixes...

Selection wasn't really for me in places - but I think this could do very well in the DNBArena comp.

Best of luck muz man! Technically on point as always.

Cheers for taking the time to listen Stu. I wouldn't have put this across as a mix you'd massively enjoy if i'm honest so cheers for checking and especially for the honest feedback. I'm going to crack on with a deeper mix soon I think so i'll let you know about that one if I get it done!

Back
Top Bottom