Must watch... be ready to laugh.

hes dutch. its extremely uninspired and his critique is valid so long as you accept the basic premise of it all, which is of course the same as all the other youtube users who filmed themselves lip synking and dancing to crazy towns 'butterfly'. just remember, even if everybody else forgets your stupid actions within the fullness of time, you still have to live with yourself

Last edited:
he's attacking FL because people in the comments is insulting Reason 4 :mad: :(
but creating a video doing it, overpasses the limits

Thats why its so funny, I can imagine him being a 42 year old man still unemployed living in his parent's house.

Anyway as I said I use FL, I just accidently clicked on this video after watching one of his on Reason..

Ohh I'm sure you can find faults in any DAW ... and yeah making 4 videos about it is pretty lame.

Last edited:
its partially true, he did download lots of noisia mp3s round 2003 i think musically thats as close as he could ever get with some fucked up shit like reason haha fucking p2p shit or something ill bet its like kazaa or some shit

hes dutch. its extremely uninspired and his critique is valid so long as you accept the basic premise of it all, which is of course the same as all the other youtube users who filmed themselves lip synking and dancing to crazy towns 'butterfly'. just remember, even if everybody else forgets your stupid actions within the fullness of time, you still have to live with yourself

the internet never forgets.

It's all jokes of course but one of the points he has is really interesting - he seems to think that if you randomly come up with a good sound its cheating or it isn't worth shit, and that if you use presets you can't really produce.

Which is bollocks IMO. I used to be really anti-preset type of guy when it came to creating sounds, but eventually I understood that actually making music instead of tweaking synth parameters for hours is much more productive and fun. I know how to conjure up a decent pad, a mean bass stab or a neuro reece. But knowing that, I'm even happier using samples or presets, because when I hear a sound I usually get e general idea on how it's been made and I get an idea on how to use it in a creative way rather than how to tweak is so nobody recognizes it as a preset. The girls on the dancefloor couldn't care less whether the reece was a preset or if you spent 3 hours creating the tonal balance and modulations between a lowpassed square and a 25% pulse wave. Sound design is a useful skill, but when it comes to making music, it only has use if you can't find a preset that suits your needs. If you pay 250€ for a piece of software, you're perfectly entitled to use the sounds it can offer you.

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

And let's admit it: It's all about the girls on the dancefloor.

Back
Top Bottom