DnB Must have Drum and Bass albums

Yes!

Molten Beats.
World Dance - Express yourself.
Bad Company - Inside the machine.
Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole.
DJ Marky - The Brazilian job
London Elektricity - Power Ballads.

Marky: The Brazilian Job is what got me into D&B. Also The Master Plan is another great one from him

Also not sure if anyone's mentioned them yet but all the Bingo sessions are solid albums!
And Full Cycle Present : Cross Collaborations.

Last edited:
Big bud - Infinity + Infinity

one of the most deep/atmospheric albums out there... that and the Icons album I mentioned are essential

I know some of these have been said, but it needs reinforcing

Bop - Clear Your Mind
Phace & Misanthrop - From Deep Space
Atlantic Connection - Tomorrow's Not Enough
Cern - Terminus
ASC - Nothing Is Certain
They Live - Cancel Standard
Genotype - Ritual Dance
Lynx & Kemo - The Raw Truth
Sabre - A Wandering Journal
Consequence - Live For Never

Well worth extending an overdraft to grab the lot

surprised no one has mentioned Netsky - Netsky :)

Yeah, might as well grab Danny byrd - Supersixed while you're at it...........ahem....:-/

Dillinja - Cybotron

ED Rush + optical - travel The Galaxy

Zinc - Drop beats not bombs

Cant really think of anything more that hasnt been mentioned

Yeah, might as well grab Danny byrd - Supersixed while you're at it...........ahem....:-/

Dillinja - Cybotron

ED Rush + optical - travel The Galaxy

Zinc - Drop beats not bombs

Cant really think of anything more that hasnt been mentioned

That tune with the brookes brothers was aiight

you should buy singles not albums... all dnb albums don't mix properly

Couldn't disagree more, an album can give a lot more creative freedom, with more space to experiment and have running themes and concepts throughout.

Drum & bass albums which are just a collection of single tracks put onto a cd maybe, but something like A Wandering Journal or 1984 allow the producers to put out stuff that would never make it onto a single or EP.

you should buy singles not albums... all dnb albums don't mix properly

Being a wannabe DJ I have purchased a fair bit of vinyl over the last 3 years so have got quite a few singles but cheers for the pro tip.

Couldn't disagree more, an album can give a lot more creative freedom, with more space to experiment and have running themes and concepts throughout.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for

Last edited:
Being a wannabe DJ I have purchased a fair bit of vinyl over the last 3 years so have got quite a few singles but cheers for the pro tip.

I assumed he meant 'don't mix' as in the tracks on the album don't sit nicely together as a coherent whole. Not in the literal sense that you can't DJ with them.

Anyway only the more mainstream drum & bass albums feature edited versions of singles (Sub Focus, Chase & Status etc.) So you can still use a CD album from someone like Break or D-Bridge to play out.

Back
Top Bottom