Muslim/Arabic Samples

monq

Hi all,

For my next project I would like to use middle-east instrumentation / soundscapes, and atm I am searching for any source / sample that might be interesting, especially percussion...

Does anyone know any site where I might download sounds with a middle-east flavour? Anything really, each one of my projects takes weeks to take form and months to be created, so what I need right now is to immerse myself in this type of music...

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
David

i would also be interested in finding samples of this nature, have you ever heard that sample of middle-eastern drums recorded in the 1800's? that would be a cool thing to use...

hi guys, thx for the info, although I am definitely going for a free approach (I am poor! :D)... but again thx! :)

David

hi guys, thx for the info, although I am definitely going for a free approach (I am poor! :D)... but again thx! :)

David

I feel ya! what works for me sometimes when I am looking for a certain type of sample/samples, is to google it. Just type in something like
"middle eastern music samples" or something similar. Usually works for me. hope this helps

thanks, djcrisis: I have found a few cool things by simply googling, although I will have to keep on searching! :D :D

kama, I have downloaded that prayer, and it's definitely going to make it to my song, it's absolutely beautiful! Independently of religion etc, there is something so magical about middle-east prayers... and that's what I am tryng to translate to a more d'nbasy environment...

Mecca is a wonderful song, love how everything interwins together... from a sound point of view, I've got a friend from my country (Catalunya) called Pauk, who has got a style very similar to yours - although he tends to go for a glitchier approach,... fantastic job!!!

Regards,
David

thanks, djcrisis: I have found a few cool things by simply googling, although I will have to keep on searching! :D :D

kama, I have downloaded that prayer, and it's definitely going to make it to my song, it's absolutely beautiful! Independently of religion etc, there is something so magical about middle-east prayers... and that's what I am tryng to translate to a more d'nbasy environment...

Mecca is a wonderful song, love how everything interwins together... from a sound point of view, I've got a friend from my country (Catalunya) called Pauk, who has got a style very similar to yours - although he tends to go for a glitchier approach,... fantastic job!!!

Regards,
David

No problem, anytime. You will be amazed at all the stuff you can search for and find with google. I didn't take advantage of it much not to long ago, but now I use it for everything.

the combinations pack from loopmasters has a fair few minimal middle eastern drum loops and samples.

not enough to make whole sound scapes but definately good to an an ethnic hint to loops

Hi all,

For my next project I would like to use middle-east instrumentation / soundscapes, and atm I am searching for any source / sample that might be interesting, especially percussion...

Does anyone know any site where I might download sounds with a middle-east flavour? Anything really, each one of my projects takes weeks to take form and months to be created, so what I need right now is to immerse myself in this type of music...

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
David

Email me at celtislam@googlemail.com and i will send you a small Islamic loop package :)

Saw this on the LM website yesterday, presume it's from the poster above, but if you got the cash this seems perfect for you:

http://www.loopmasters.com/product/details/333/Celt_Islam__Sufi_Dub_Sound_System

celt_big.jpg

Back
Top Bottom