Music Videos

Vanden

-nieuwenhuysen
VIP Junglist
Never really understood why labels still make music videos when they are struggling to make a profit on their releases as it is. I remember seeing a post by Kasra which broke down the expenses of a release and he included the music video in the cost but went on to say they make hardly any money. Now, if that was me, the first thing to go would be the video, not the wax (massive assumption on how much making a video costs here).

Don't get me wrong, there are some great videos out there.. and i remember the teaser videos for Marka and Oblique being a lot of fun. But I watch them once, and then never again. Anyone here watch dnb music videos over and over?

drop the videos - it's not pop music. barely watch the videos, maybe click trough on some odd ones and then forget about it.

Excellent thread - probably one of the best posted round here in a while.

I dont pay much attention to the videos. thats not what i'm paying for, its the actual music i'm interested in. Interested to hear what the costing of it would be...surely not that much?

Tbh the only dnb music video I still watch now and again is Exodus. Nothing will ever top it and I dont see why dnb releases have videos UNLESS its a popular mainstream release which I can see the need for a video (especially if its getting airtime on a music television channel)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing a post by Kasra which broke down the expenses of a release and he included the music video in the cost but went on to say they make hardly any money.

Does anyone have a copy of this post or remember the cost of the video?? Thanks a bunch :)

Yeah, most of the videos are shit but there are some good ones too(or its just me liking trippy shit)

i actually prefer the video of Computer Music to the tune

Videos cost fuck all to make these days. Anyone with a DSLR camera and some basic editing skills could put something half decent together.

its an expression.

one of my favs

- - - Updated - - -

oh and this

think i hav a man crush on kemo...

i think you're forgetting the times we live in.
just because you don't discover your music through youtube doesn't mean your average idiot doesn't.

i think you're forgetting the times we live in.
just because you don't discover your music through youtube doesn't mean your average idiot doesn't.

True. However, is 'the average idiot' more likely to listen to something because of a video? Or are they content with a random picture - simply just because they aren't aware of other ways to search for music.

Back
Top Bottom