Music production PC build

Be careful with what hardware you install into your computer it can cause unwanted noise. I installed a new HD into my PC and ever since there's extra noise in my audio output.

I don't think that installing a hd would cause that extra noise. Mostly likely you hit loosened some cables, or something like that.

I don't think that installing a hd would cause that extra noise. Mostly likely you hit loosened some cables, or something like that.

I can hear a very quiet noise in my audio whenever I access that HD. Perhaps has something to do with how close the SATA cable is to my PCI sound card.

So I did a test recording. And the PSU/HD whatever noise wasn't there. It was pretty much just white noise (pretty low noise floor didn't eve show up on the meters). Something is happening with the audio output that doesn't happen with the input.

Tune your pc to gaming but add a good internal soundcard for your needs. Worked for me!

Tune your pc to gaming but add a good internal soundcard for your needs. Worked for me!

My PC was built by a manufacturer that makes nothing but gaming PCs. And I have and Echo sound card that has amazing converters. This noise is driving me crazy. It doesn't show up in recordings unless I sample from my PC (which I do all the time).

My PC was built by a manufacturer that makes nothing but gaming PCs. And I have and Echo sound card that has amazing converters. This noise is driving me crazy. It doesn't show up in recordings unless I sample from my PC (which I do all the time).

Thats a ground loop mate. Are you running XLR or RCA to/from your soundcard?

What kind of "noise" you talking about?

Also, no matter what I'd go for one of these for your cooling system:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

Among the quietest fans on the market.

If its a ground loop, the first thing I'd do is to rewire all of the cables and things, then if that doesn't work, then hum eliminators might work, but correctly wiring should remove ground loops.

I've been going though all my gear. Really reduced the hum. I think some of my synths may just be noisy.

- - - Updated - - -

So when I hook my computer's audio out directly to the sampler it's dead silent.

Back
Top Bottom