Music Production Courses

DjSkrapes DNBWW

Ez,
I'm intending to chuck my job in next year and start a music production course full time (will be good to be a student again). Can any of you please reccommend me some courses to look at. I'm am currently in the london area. I am willing to travel, but would prefer not to go to the other end of the country.

Any info/Links would be much appreciated

cheers

ez,

I took a BTEC Music Technology course and heres the gud and bad points.........i gave it up after the first year.

Gud..

- You will learn alot about sound/waves what they are, how they travel about a recording studio/setup/why they set it up the way they do/what good production is and how to do it yourself using analog/digital desks etc- about mix downs using digital/analog teqniques/learn cubase or sumthing of the sort/sampling etc etc....

id say more detail but its been a year or to so i cnt remember without looking at wat i done & im @ work now!

bad..

you may already kno most of this stuff <--- or alot you could learn in a much smaller time without the irrellevent info.(you get alot of that)[buy a book called Modern Recording Teqniques!]
Pressure for assignments/dedlines to be met.
Learning music theory all over again <--- from the basics even if you know it already.
The course not being DJ/Producer specific....you will have to learn alot of irrelivance!

I left as i felt the course was not giving me the info i needed.....or if it did, not in the detail/how i wanted it.

Hope this helps

Well, im currently studying music technology at souths downs college which apparently has the biggest music department in the whole of the uk, and the course in doin is prelifically run by djs and producers with alot of know how!ITs in portsmouth if u cud get there well worth the experience. :jay:

DjEffect said:
seems pretty interesting

yeah, I just spoke to one of the guys up there. I'm gonna go up one Wednesday for a tour. The course seems good. 2/3 of the course are done on Saturdays, and the other 1/3 on wednesday and thursday evenings. Its looks expensive, but I think that the education will be invaluble. Also I don't have to give up my job and its done within 9 months. You do get a BTech or A-level equivelent, but I'm not intrested in using it to get a job, just so I know how to use all the software to its full potential. You get as much studio time as you need as well within the 9 months.

I'm keen

theres a tour on the site with cool 360 degree photos. looks quite good , though it depends on class size coz if they're big then you rarely get a go on the good stufff. i wouldnt pay either .

DjEffect said:
Let us know how the tour goes!

Will do. I'll go down in a couple of weeks coz I'm off to Amsterdam this weekend till late next week.

theres a tour on the site with cool 360 degree photos. looks quite good , though it depends on class size coz if they're big then you rarely get a go on the good stufff.i wouldnt pay either

how do you mean you wouldn't pay? You mean you wouldn't give money to an institution to learn music production?

Back
Top Bottom