music production courses??

Yeah I'd like to know how SAE was a waste of money too? .. Which course did you do Pete and how much it cost?

They dont teach you anything you cant learn yourself from youtube tutorials.

Youve got 2 choices,

1) set yourself areas to work at by listening to a guy on youtube. ie. compression, 1-2 days tops.

2) spend a small fortune and listen to guy in a class tell you how to do the same thuing the same way and be out of pocket.

really???? how come i have heard gud things about SAE

Yeah I'd like to know how SAE was a waste of money too? .. Which course did you do Pete and how much it cost?

I may have just been very unlucky. It cost a good £7000 for one year.
Supervisors were a bunch of tossors, some would get annoyed if you forgot something basic . I Was supposed to receive logic and they lost my copy, we had projects to do on it as well, so they gave me and other students a cracked copy.
The lecturer I had used such silly techincal language that knowone (apart from a couple) understood him.. I am also pretty dyslexic, so that didnt help, hence my bad writing skills. haha
They wouldnt allow us to book the studios for some silly reason, then it was one mad rush to get projects done when they allowed us.. When i say projects, the end of year ones were mental. a good 200+ hours worth of studio/brain fry time.
My final post production project crashed in protools causing it to crash my backup on my external HDD. I lost EVERYTHING! This was a 100+ hours of work, and the supervisor wouldnt get a backup from their servers and just blamed it on me pressing the wrong button. bastard.
I could go on...

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

but i did have a good time in london, and i did learn some bits. But youtube FTW, especially if you want to learn.

Last edited:
hmmm, interesting stuff their mr flap... sounds exactly like my graphic design course at uni, except in an audio field rather a visual field!

what about just becoming mates with the techy guy at a college near you... then just let him let you into the studio?

most of these courses are useless, you should only go to uni if your doing something like economics or medicine.. if you go see the best musicians, film directors or anyone in that area really you'll notice none of them have a uni degree in what they do, and the ones who do say it was pointless

i went to access to music on a 3 year course, finished it about a year ago, if you are under 19 then you get it free and its a good college so try get in there quick!

mate,the best way i think is not to take no course but to learn yourself,play around with the programmes until your happy wiv what you get :D
thats how heist,original sin and hazard did :D

i did pro sound and video technology HND and media technology BScHons, and i am a full fledged Audio engineer and broadcast eng for a good company, i wouldnt be here if it wasnt for the paper...

but olny do a course you are serious about, a course u want to make a carrier out of, dont spend money on a course if its jus to beef up ya tunes at home, there are enough tutorials out there for free....

what are either in people's opinions or personal experiances, known to be the best colleges/ uni's in the country for Music production/audio engineering?????
pzx

Dont do it, wont get u anywhere. Like most people already said, better off learn it online, same go for guitar, playing drums, djing..... etc

i wouldnt bother with a course mate, i went and did a music tech course with emphasis on production and still ended up teaching myself most of the useful stuff. just get some software and get stuck in man

in belgian music academy, there's a 'drum and bass production' course. My girl who was checking the courses out gave me the heads up. :p

i did pro sound and video technology HND and media technology BScHons, and i am a full fledged Audio engineer and broadcast eng for a good company, i wouldnt be here if it wasnt for the paper...

but olny do a course you are serious about, a course u want to make a carrier out of, dont spend money on a course if its jus to beef up ya tunes at home, there are enough tutorials out there for free....

yeh thats exactly what i am thinkin of a degree course for, its nt 2 get info about production techniques, its 2 get knowledge (and the relevent quals) to get a job within the music industry, and learn pro tools, i was jus wonderin if anyone knew of any actually gud courses tht are relevant and actually teach u stuff u need!!

ok a few questions. What about a cheap say 500 quid 3 month course? It's just I've been tryin to learn logic (yeah I'm aware it's fucking difficult and it win't happen over night) but i'm getting nowehere.

I have watched hours and hours of youtube videos all of them would be usefull but seem to require some sort of basic knowledge in logic.

Does anyone know anywhere free/cheap where you can do like a basic course or even a website - preferably with videos or even a fucking book! I just NEED to start producing soon, i know that's the only way it's possible to get signed. I just wanna learn the shit that you guys wud probably be like oh that's bare easy.

Also before ne1 asks I'm not a retard or anything i just find it bare difficult to get started learning shit to do with computers - i really dnt need people to come back to this all demoralising like haha

Also the first course I talked about (the 3 month one) is called a full-course. I got the cash, I'm on my gap year next year anyway so i got the time, and I'm gonna be working during that period anyway.

ok a few questions. What about a cheap say 500 quid 3 month course? It's just I've been tryin to learn logic (yeah I'm aware it's fucking difficult and it win't happen over night) but i'm getting nowehere.

I have watched hours and hours of youtube videos all of them would be usefull but seem to require some sort of basic knowledge in logic.

Does anyone know anywhere free/cheap where you can do like a basic course or even a website - preferably with videos or even a fucking book! I just NEED to start producing soon, i know that's the only way it's possible to get signed. I just wanna learn the shit that you guys wud probably be like oh that's bare easy.

Also before ne1 asks I'm not a retard or anything i just find it bare difficult to get started learning shit to do with computers - i really dnt need people to come back to this all demoralising like haha

Also the first course I talked about (the 3 month one) is called a full-course. I got the cash, I'm on my gap year next year anyway so i got the time, and I'm gonna be working during that period anyway.

are you a retard?

Back
Top Bottom