Music Production beginning to take up a lot of space on my Hard Drive. Solutions?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Howdy,

I know this question would probably be better suited to a computer forum or something but I can't be bothered to sign up elsewhere. You are all nice here and will be able to help me :)

When it comes to computers, I don't actually know all the different tid bits you can buy :lol: I want to basically store all my production stuff (project files, mixdowns, masters, samples) all on one external source. A disc or a memory stick may not be the best way as their capcity isn't that large. Is there some sort of external hard drive you can buy?

Sorry if this is actually a really stupid question but hey ho :lol:

Jordan

Yeah there's loads of different external hard drives you can get, I'd suggest a terabyte drive, shit loads of space to fill, they're going in maplins for about £70 right now but you might be able to find one cheaper if you hunt around. Alternatively there are smaller size ones for cheaper

Make sure it is 7200rpm+, very important, slower than that will make audio playback difficult with more than a few streaming channels

Howdy,

I know this question would probably be better suited to a computer forum or something but I can't be bothered to sign up elsewhere. You are all nice here and will be able to help me :)

When it comes to computers, I don't actually know all the different tid bits you can buy :lol: I want to basically store all my production stuff (project files, mixdowns, masters, samples) all on one external source. A disc or a memory stick may not be the best way as their capcity isn't that large. Is there some sort of external hard drive you can buy?

Sorry if this is actually a really stupid question but hey ho :lol:

Jordan

Go here for an external drive. These guys supply the absolute BEST hard drives available. Ultra fast, dependable, and most of all, affordable. Look into getting either a bus powered model (which are good if you want to carry around your hard drive) or go for the pro model, which requires a power supply but is extremely fast. And don't hesitate to spend the extra couple dollars for a higher memory capacity. I'm sitting comfortably at 1TB (approx 1,000 gigs) and that includes all my samples, projects, time machine backups, etc.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom