Music Player

Discussion in 'Production' started by Cyaniide, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Cyaniide

Cyaniide New Member

What does everyone use ? surely theres better free players than win amp, real player & media player ?? because they all sound shit !

any info ?

2. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

what do u mean by they all sound shit? A player doesnt affect a track, it just plays em, its probably your tracks that sound shit man. i use vlc not cause it enhances tunes, (no player does that) but cause it plays everything!

3. Cyaniide

Cyaniide New Member

i didnt mention anything about playing my tracks.. someone must of eq'd these these players right ? sooooo.. i dont think they done a good job. when running tracks through ableton they sound lovely.. when i play in win amp... it sounds poor & nothing like it does in ableton.

4. kama

kama benkama.net

Bro, what player u use really doesnt affect the sound. Most of them have EQ's but they're almost always by default turned off and the user can fuck with those if they like. The difference between Ableton and Winamp in this case is probably simply in output levels. Winamp might play a bit quieter than ableton.

But to answer your question Foobar2000 is good i hear, and free.

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i had a plug for winamp once that enhanced the sound with bass and top exciters, reverb, and some other shit too. was fucking ridiculous. vlc is great cos its not bloated, as is winamp i seem to recall