Music Manager Software With Waveform View

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
I know this is a very specific question, but does anyone know if there's any programs like iTunes where you can view waveforms easily.

I ask because I'm grudgingly making the transition from vinyl to cd due to space in the flat, and basically my drum & bass MP3 collection vary hugely in amplitude as some are taken from CDs, others from beatport etc and a fair few from the New Talent section on here, and it's getting a bit tedius having to view each individual track in Adobe Audition to see if they've been mastered well and whether they need topping, tailing and normalising before burning to CD.

Cheers

Last edited:
Mixmeister pro lets you do that..

It will cost you a bit of money though. But as far as i remember you can just drag and drop a load of tunes you want to play in there and the wave forms come up in retrospective of one another... i think

Its not like iTunes but its the clost thing i can think of.

hope that helps?

Cheers I'll have to check that out, I used to have some free program called mixmeister that guessed, and I use the word loosely the BPM tracks, but will check out the pro version

It is nice.
But people will not go for these because it has some drawback.
Hope you will get in with new one.

kind of, but does that just normalise, because a limited and mastered tune will still sound louder than one that's been normalised

It's not a huge problem, but for example if you get a tune from the new talent section here, it obviously hasnt been professionially mastered, but if you run it through a limiter to get it to a similar level to a proper release, you will lose some of the dynamic feel

I maybe making a mountain out of a molehill here, but I was wondering if anyone bothers with this, or just ups the mixers trim

Back
Top Bottom