munchkin, new thingy

needs a synth imo, and the main bass needs some cleaning up, try looking for some bad frequencies, other than that it sounds good man, keep it up (y)

Cheers, looking for a way to fit a synth in there as the bassline already takes up a lot of room (and doesn't really have a lot of silence that I can fill) but I'll try to find something as it really is a bit dull just like that. Tried cleaning the bas up a bit with surgical eqing, worked pretty well but couldn't get rid of all of it because the bass then lacked punch and or presence, might just be the problem of me mixing on akg518s though :teeth: (i haven't got anything better available at the moment)

Cheeky little bump to get some other opinions aswell, maybe please

You shouldn't have trouble fitting a synth in there in terms of headroom, because the bass only occupies the bass part, in theory. You can have both playing at the same time.
Snare needs to punch through the bass, maybe some EQ or subtle sidechaining,

The chorus seems pretty empty with just the bassline. A synth might work, but things like FX and shots would probably work better, because the bassline is pretty constant and can hold the track by itself, theres just some space that needs some filling. Even some small reverb would be fine.

I agree with mania here. The drop sounds kind of dry. Just a little bit of reverb and automated stereo imaging could spice things up nicely I recon. And as smooth said as well, there is some conflict between the drums and the bass. I usually tend to put a dip on my bass where I peak the drums and boost the bass where there is empty space in the drumbeat. I think the intro is working just fine as it is, and with just some small fixes I think this would be a badass tune.

Many thanks for all the replies, I worked on it a little bit and here is the new version

I tried getting the snare to punch through the mix more (Eq'd the bass and snare, sidechained it a bit harder), working on the individual sounds, adding some drum fills.
I added a synth that kinda goes throughout the whole track, when I said that I didn't really have space for a synth I wasn't talking mixdown wise (even though the bass actually takes up a lot of high frequencies aswell), but more space in the sense of arrangement because I don't want to put too many things in the mix going on at the same time and I don't just want to stick something there for the sake of it. (I kinda did though and it works, I think?)

I still need to put some more FX and maybe some more Breaks (Highpassed/lowpassed) to make the whole thing more interesting, I will try to get something together when I have more time to work on it

cheers fellas

Back
Top Bottom