Drum & Bass MUCH HELP NEEDED

The Spook

Hi, this is probably going to sound vague but I need loads of advice, tips, links anything that can help me. I used to play quite a bit but sold my beloved decks when my daughter was born. Now I want to make my own tunes instead but apart from knowing the pattern for a basic DnB drum loop I am clueless. I have downloaded FL Studio to see how I got on and I really enjoyed it. I'm 34 so I'm not looking to be the next big talent but it would be nice to make tunes I don't cringe at when my headphone jack falls out and someone else hears it. (That has already happened) So I guess I'm at your mercy, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance people

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
You can do as Menosance said, and also use the search function: you'll notice that there's hundreds of questions you may have which have been already answered here before.

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Check the new Break masterclass, i'm sure it would do someone in your position wonders right now.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jjsrBi8aM[/video]

Last edited:

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Idiot? bit harsh considering he's jus doin it as a bit of fun as most of us, with so many free tuts on youtube why would he wanna pay £10 which is a lot of money to some people with a fam to support!
Yes soz was on one that day. Please accept my sincerest apology :grouphug: