mr_snow

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by co0ke, Oct 7, 2009.

1. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

new track, think its the longest time iv spent on one.
    would be cool to know what you think
    all feedback is appreciated (y)

http://www.soundclick.com/co0ke

peace

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Not really something I would listen to, but the bass work sounds cool, and over-all it sounds well put together. Don't know if the drums were quite powerful enough, but then I'm not sure about the sound quality of Soundclick.

3. KEMZ

KEMZ Blatant Royal Status

thats an interesting tune you got going there crook, pretty noisy! i like it yeah. as subrime said maybe the drums could do with some beef like but its a good idea. kepp pluggin at it bro:)

i think Randon Flow is a good one as well, got a kind of nice old skool feel to it.

4. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

that is really some evil sh*t! it doesn't sound to bad man, bass is really strong and clear, i do think the drums could use a bit more, but not bad. i think the overall production on this sounds pretty good.

5. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

some wicked concepts going down ,
    definatly hitting the right notes.

just needs EQing and tweaking in places... but yeh mate sounds banging!

6. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

I'm certainly no expert but my 2p for Mr snow would be it sounds a little mid range, maybe could layer some more subtle bass in there somewhere (could be my ear buds or soundclick though). Drums could do with more variety and punch (one of my problems I'm trying to deal with), you vary them up at the end of the track, just needs more in the middle too I think. And its just a personal thing for me but it sounds like you're using a formant filter on one of your growls there which I'm not a big fan of but generally I like the sound you're going for. I like the rhythmic gun reloading in the intro and atmospheric eerie choir pad thing. Sounds like a good effort to me bud.

7. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

yeah.

kick and snare defo need some more weight. apart from that i think the fills and so on fit nicely. some of the sounds are too aggressive for me/my ears, think you ha ve to eq them a little bit more.

overall nice sound.

8. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

yo thanks for the wicked response all - was getting to the stage where i had listened so much i couldnt tell what needed changing! have actually got a lotta drum layers in there but ifrom what ur sayin i guess i need some better eqing or just more hits? all the comments are very appreciated nice one again for taking the time to listen gonna get to work on some heavier drums.

any one else had a listen?

9. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I dont think much else can be said which hasnt already.

You got a nice dirty sound to your tunes, but alot of them seem too muddy and cramped around the mid range. Try some clever EQ'ing or stereo enhancement on the higher sounds to give the feel of depth and space.

Apart from that though, they sound nice.

Oh, one more thing, I would suggest transferring over from soundclick, to soundcloud. It has a much clearer sound to it.

10. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

nice one for ur input man, ill give the eq'in a go. shame im on logitech desktop speakers atm haha. never really played with stereo imagin but i hear its okay for ur hi hats and stuff but the rest should be in the middle? i did actually up the tune onto soundcloud but it wouldnt loads the track for time so jus thought fuck it n upped it at soundclick. nice one for takin the time tho (y)

11. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Bass kicks and snares should usually sit in the middle. But other sounds toward the hi end like hats, sweeps FX etc can be widened.