mR_BLACk - Into The Infinite (Minimal 170)

mR_BLACk

Tracklist

Cruel Culture - Stone
Inkarv - Deluded Perception
Oscillist - Finding Solace
Synkro - Acceptance
ASC - Reality Check (Method One Remix)
Triad - Utopia (Silent Dust Remix)
Anex - Lay Down
DB1 - Vanguard
Koto - Under Distant Eyes (Dominic Ridgway Remix)
Soundnbeats & Keosz - Foggy Night
Tacit - Distant Memories
RQ - Poison Ghosts
Stray - When It Rains

hope u like it ;)

Well this was fully sick, track selection was pure vibes. Gunna go bag about 5 new tunes now, nice one!

Looks like a very interesting listen. Lots of things and artists I haven't heard before so this one is definitely on my to do/listen to list!

From the start, there was a nice flow to the energy that Stone started, ticking away building the atmosphere with echoed soft notes. Deluded Perception eases in a fair way through the second half of Stone, with its scaled melodies complimenting the previous tune before the switch. Liking the shuffled notes, clicked high end & drawn out pads in Deluded Perception. More interesting melodies in Finding Solace make themselves known before a tranquil breaked switch with birds tweeting, paving the way for Sunday morning style notes & a kinda chopped vocal halfway through each bar which I thought way very forward thinking, without being too much. Very Consequence-esque. Towards the tail end of Finding Solace, Acceptance fades in for an almost seamless switch. Loved hearing Acceptance this first time I heard it & still do. Synkro's 170 bits really stand apart from alot of 170 bpm tunes. 4th tune in & would really like to hear more tunes mixed together from the drops as opposed to switching them every time. Familiar vocals of Reality Check talk there way through another switched mix for the rmx to bounces its stripped back beats in very well. Actually reminds me to dig out the original for a spin sometime soon. Mildly brooding bass notes & effortless melodies of Utopia rmx slide in for full effect before the breakdown in Reality Check rmx, letting some glitchy beats take hold, before a breakdown in Utopia rmx reveals a slightly more energetic ride on the other side.

Lay Down eased in under the radar & sat well in the mix off the back of Utopia rmx. Enjoyed the drum structure in this, together with the well placed bass. Pretty sure Vanguard is in for its intro to roll on its own, mirroring the similar beats of the tune before. More echoed notes in Under Distant Eyes rmx do their business, bringing the energy levels up slightly, with a more pacey drum, whilst keeping the minimal vibe going. Foggy Night was very peaceful on the ears when that first made itself know & continued throughout the tune itself, with a note of the previous tune still echoing in for good measure at the drop. Would have liked to hear a little more of UDE rmx hanging in there, as it did sound nice, even for a brief note. Vocals in that tune were just the right amount & very well placed. Distant Memories is such a peach of a tune, very ease listening vibes with a mild pace to the beat + a free download too, whats not to love :) Thanks for opening my ears to that one! New minimal drum structure of Poison Ghosts sits on the beat of Distant Memories before it is eased out for the thoroughly atmospheric RQ tune works its magic as a penultimate tune, before the unmistakable flavours of When It Rains flow into the ride for a quality outro.

Have to say initially that 13 tune in 62 mins is a pretty low tunes to minutes ratio, that a tune approx every 4 mins 45 seconds. Its nice to let a tune breath & listen to quite a lot of it, but for me I think thats a bit excessive & verging on the podcast region of tunes. But the blending was flawless, with 11 tunes in there I hadn't heard before. Really enjoyed it, hearing all those new tunes, even though it wasn't packed with music, all the tunes were fitting to this mix. Nicely done Mr Black!

:)

Well this was fully sick, track selection was pure vibes. Gunna go bag about 5 new tunes now, nice one!

thanks man, glad i could help you discover something new ;)

Looks like a very interesting listen. Lots of things and artists I haven't heard before so this one is definitely on my to do/listen to list!

i always try to play unknown artists/tracks... hope you enjoy the mix!

From the start, there was a nice flow to the energy that Stone started, ticking away building the atmosphere with echoed soft notes. Deluded Perception eases in a fair way through the second half of Stone, with its scaled melodies complimenting the previous tune before the switch. Liking the shuffled notes, clicked high end & drawn out pads in Deluded Perception. More interesting melodies in Finding Solace make themselves known before a tranquil breaked switch with birds tweeting, paving the way for Sunday morning style notes & a kinda chopped vocal halfway through each bar which I thought way very forward thinking, without being too much. Very Consequence-esque. Towards the tail end of Finding Solace, Acceptance fades in for an almost seamless switch. Loved hearing Acceptance this first time I heard it & still do. Synkro's 170 bits really stand apart from alot of 170 bpm tunes. 4th tune in & would really like to hear more tunes mixed together from the drops as opposed to switching them every time. Familiar vocals of Reality Check talk there way through another switched mix for the rmx to bounces its stripped back beats in very well. Actually reminds me to dig out the original for a spin sometime soon. Mildly brooding bass notes & effortless melodies of Utopia rmx slide in for full effect before the breakdown in Reality Check rmx, letting some glitchy beats take hold, before a breakdown in Utopia rmx reveals a slightly more energetic ride on the other side.

Lay Down eased in under the radar & sat well in the mix off the back of Utopia rmx. Enjoyed the drum structure in this, together with the well placed bass. Pretty sure Vanguard is in for its intro to roll on its own, mirroring the similar beats of the tune before. More echoed notes in Under Distant Eyes rmx do their business, bringing the energy levels up slightly, with a more pacey drum, whilst keeping the minimal vibe going. Foggy Night was very peaceful on the ears when that first made itself know & continued throughout the tune itself, with a note of the previous tune still echoing in for good measure at the drop. Would have liked to hear a little more of UDE rmx hanging in there, as it did sound nice, even for a brief note. Vocals in that tune were just the right amount & very well placed. Distant Memories is such a peach of a tune, very ease listening vibes with a mild pace to the beat + a free download too, whats not to love :) Thanks for opening my ears to that one! New minimal drum structure of Poison Ghosts sits on the beat of Distant Memories before it is eased out for the thoroughly atmospheric RQ tune works its magic as a penultimate tune, before the unmistakable flavours of When It Rains flow into the ride for a quality outro.

Have to say initially that 13 tune in 62 mins is a pretty low tunes to minutes ratio, that a tune approx every 4 mins 45 seconds. Its nice to let a tune breath & listen to quite a lot of it, but for me I think thats a bit excessive & verging on the podcast region of tunes. But the blending was flawless, with 11 tunes in there I hadn't heard before. Really enjoyed it, hearing all those new tunes, even though it wasn't packed with music, all the tunes were fitting to this mix. Nicely done Mr Black!

wow, man! what an amazing review :)
i am aware of the tunes per minutes ratio in my mixes, that is at least for the minimal mixes i do. when i play dancefloor-dnb the ratio is very different, new tune every 2 minutes or so, but for the chillout sounds i tend to roll the tunes out as much as possible whit alot of ambient breakdowns... i think its best for laying on the couch with headphones, smoking some herb and let the mind flow :)
anway thanks a lot for your words, much appreciated!

No worries man! Majority of switches in there too.

Would appreciate if you could have a listen to my latest one & jot some thoughts. Ez

Back
Top Bottom