>>> Mr. Sneaks - 3 Deck Mini-Mix <<<<

Sneaks

Easy all, I'm pretty new to this forum so here's my first offering...

Had the week off work so been playing around with 3 decks all week. Got one recorded today - first time I've ever recorded 3 decks - so go easy!

Skeptical - Static
Jonny L - Back to Your Roots (Friction & K-Tee Remix)
>>>>>>> Commix - Satellite Song
Cern & Nymfo - Proton Pack
EastColors - Murderer
Die & Break - Grand Funk Hustle
Notorious BIG - Things Done Changed (Acapella)
Skeptical - Cold One (Jubei Remix)
Octane & DLR ft. Script - Set Up the Set
Bladerunner - Spartan Law
Seven ft. Alys Be - Came to Play (Need for Mirrors Remix)
>>>>>>> Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
Verse & SP - Surrender
Top Cat - Ruffest Gun Ark (Chase & Status Remix)
>>>>>>> Break - Framework
Mutated Forms - Best Served Cold
Dub Phizix ft. Skittles - I'm a Creator
S.P.Y. - Favela
London Elektricity - U Gotta Be Crazy (Enei Remix)
A-Sides ft. MCMC - Keep Steppin' (Unreal 2012 Remix)
Jayda - Loose Ends
FD - Break & Enter
Moving Fusion - The Beginning
Rene LaVice - Absolute Monster

really enjoyed this, some tasty blends and eq'ing was super tight. murderer > grand funk hustle was class. i'd say you had it on lockdown considering it's your first recorded 3 deck mix, well played! one minor criticism, i thought some tracks were introduced too harshly, pretty much at the drop. would have been nice to hear more buildup with the mixes, prefer it more rolling but thats just my taste and im sure that style would work a lot better for some

Will be checking this Sneaks.

Welcome to the forum...what a first mix to post; TL looks wicked, will drop back with some thoughts (y)

welcome dude, your mix is on the download, looks naaaaiiiiiiiccccccceeeeeee

really enjoyed this, some tasty blends and eq'ing was super tight. murderer > grand funk hustle was class. i'd say you had it on lockdown considering it's your first recorded 3 deck mix, well played! one minor criticism, i thought some tracks were introduced too harshly, pretty much at the drop. would have been nice to hear more buildup with the mixes, prefer it more rolling but thats just my taste and im sure that style would work a lot better for some
Appreciate it mate, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, thought the same thing when I had a listen back today. Some of the mixes worked well but some would defo have sounded better with longer, more drawn out mixes. Something for me to work on next time I do a 3 deck session.

Oh and cheers to anyone else who checked. You seem like a good bunch on this site.

Here we go then Sneaks!

Static set the scene, although I prefer to here this tune in the middle of the mix or with tunes either side of it, it does work as an intro tune. Back To Your Roots rmx snuck in under the radar, came in out of nowhere, a little abruptly, but the vocal bounced a treat on the marching beats of Static. Satellite Song complimented Back To Your Roots rmx, rolling nicely underneath the vocals. The ghostbuster vocal of Proton Pack announced its arrival for the pounding bass to drive under BTYR's still in, straight into the distinctive coarse bleeping hooks of Murderer's intro before its unique bass wobbles take hold from the drop & let roll on its own for full effect. Wondering where Grand Funk Hussle was going to come in, where it does come in was quality, almost no beat to listen to in the breakdown of Murderer then when GFH comes in, the mix was a choice selection with the underlying drawn out bass of GFH flowing under the wobbles of Murderer. Soon as EastColors' tune cuts, Biggy is in, the vocal working wonders on GFH. Then keeping the acapella in for the switch between GFH & Cold One rmx was nice. It made the switch less noticeable, but kept the flow going. Thought Things Done Changed had gone, but it is back in for some more statements in the ride, breaking down where Cold One rmx breaks down, Set Up Is In is building where the last 2 tunes break, setting up the double nicely (as well as the set :teeth: ) heard DRL play a vip of Set Up The Set at the weekend :) although it was nice to hear, it wasn't a scratch on the original. "Then suddenly" Spartan Laws warm bass comes haunting in to SUTS. Yet another wicked mix. Came To Play rmx made itself know in the mix from the second half of Spartan Law. Heard DLR play this at the weekend too & sounds quality in a dance. I hear Lunar Bass rmx building.... works well with Came To Play rmx.

Surrender was a stark contrast to Came To Play, wasn't feeling that blend at first, as it seemed too chopped up compared to the usual dj friendlyness of a standard N4M tune, but Ruffest Gun Ark rmx did suit the ruffness of Surrender in the mix directly after. Would have liked to hear Framework build up before the drop, as it came in out of nowhere, but did roll with Ruffest Gun Ark rmx, the coarse bass riffs of Framework bouncing nicely with the former & vocals. Best Served Cold was straight in of nowhere again for a 32 bar section, just would have liked to here the mix for another 32 bars. Creator is in without having time to finish of the last sentence, all before the breakdown in Best Served Cold. Favela came in a bit out of nowhere again. The bass in Favela is quite filthy & I think needs some intro to announce its arrival before getting to dirty + could have held the mix with Creator another 64 bars before dropping Favela, as there is another drop in Creator before the breakdown. Really liked hearing U Gotta Be Crazy rmx again, and even though it was switched it kept the flow going. Not heard Keep Steppin rmx before, which was a nice contrast in flavours from U Gotta Be Crazy rmx before, bit more soulfully rolling. Loose Ends starts to float in with some 'Surface' vibes. Break & Enter moves into Loose Ends, keeping the more mellow bass going. Wicked hearing The Beginning again, build at the breakdown in Break & Enter + working wonders at the drop, both tunes really complimenting each of the in the mix. The more driving bass riffs of The Beginning with the funky vibes & plinky notes of Break & Enter stood out in that mix. Absolute Monster was also another pleasing listen & nice to hear again in a mix, with its subtle driving parts under the quality riffs in The Beginning

As mentioned before, loved the tracklist. Lots of newer bits intermixed with some older pieces + the Biggy acapella thrown in for good measure. The whole 3 deck thing worked for me, the way you brought tunes in- in the right kind of places that kept the energy of the mix up. Lots of favs in there from Static, Proton Pack, Cold One rmx, Spartan Law, Lunar Bass rmx, Framework, Creator to U Gotta Be Crazy rmx made me want to give this a listen. A faultless mix from what I heard. The only critiques I would give (+ others have mentioned that I do in my mixes) is to have more of the intro build up on some tunes, as opposed to having things come in out of nowhere a fair bit. Also, would like to hear more of the mix of the 2 tunes in some instances. I think 1 lot of 32 bars in the mix is never enough & its far too brief in my opinion. Fav mix in there was The Beginning - Break & Enter- the way those 2 bounced off each other :) A mix of real quality Sneaks!

Would appreciate if you could have a listen through my latest mix & return the favour of some feedback if the selection is up your street - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...uffhouse-Consequence-Scuba-FIS-Nico-Skeptical

Last edited:
Here we go then Sneaks!

Static set the scene, although I prefer to here this tune in the middle of the mix or with tunes either side of it, it does work as an intro tune. Back To Your Roots rmx snuck in under the radar, came in out of nowhere, a little abruptly, but the vocal bounced a treat on the marching beats of Static. Satellite Song complimented Back To Your Roots rmx, rolling nicely underneath the vocals. The ghostbuster vocal of Proton Pack announced its arrival for the pounding bass to drive under BTYR's still in, straight into the distinctive coarse bleeping hooks of Murderer's intro before its unique bass wobbles take hold from the drop & let roll on its own for full effect. Wondering where Grand Funk Hussle was going to come in, where it does come in was quality, almost no beat to listen to in the breakdown of Murderer then when GFH comes in, the mix was a choice selection with the underlying drawn out bass of GFH flowing under the wobbles of Murderer. Soon as EastColors' tune cuts, Biggy is in, the vocal working wonders on GFH. Then keeping the acapella in for the switch between GFH & Cold One rmx was nice. It made the switch less noticeable, but kept the flow going. Thought Things Done Changed had gone, but it is back in for some more statements in the ride, breaking down where Cold One rmx breaks down, Set Up Is In is building where the last 2 tunes break, setting up the double nicely (as well as the set :teeth: ) heard DRL play a vip of Set Up The Set at the weekend :) although it was nice to hear, it wasn't a scratch on the original. "Then suddenly" Spartan Laws warm bass comes haunting in to SUTS. Yet another wicked mix. Came To Play rmx made itself know in the mix from the second half of Spartan Law. Heard DLR play this at the weekend too & sounds quality in a dance. I hear Lunar Bass rmx building.... works well with Came To Play rmx.

Surrender was a stark contrast to Came To Play, wasn't feeling that blend at first, as it seemed too chopped up compared to the usual dj friendlyness of a standard N4M tune, but Ruffest Gun Ark rmx did suit the ruffness of Surrender in the mix directly after. Would have liked to hear Framework build up before the drop, as it came in out of nowhere, but did roll with Ruffest Gun Ark rmx, the coarse bass riffs of Framework bouncing nicely with the former & vocals. Best Served Cold was straight in of nowhere again for a 32 bar section, just would have liked to here the mix for another 32 bars. Creator is in without having time to finish of the last sentence, all before the breakdown in Best Served Cold. Favela came in a bit out of nowhere again. The bass in Favela is quite filthy & I think needs some intro to announce its arrival before getting to dirty + could have held the mix with Creator another 64 bars before dropping Favela, as there is another drop in Creator before the breakdown. Really liked hearing U Gotta Be Crazy rmx again, and even though it was switched it kept the flow going. Not heard Keep Steppin rmx before, which was a nice contrast in flavours from U Gotta Be Crazy rmx before, bit more soulfully rolling. Loose Ends starts to float in with some 'Surface' vibes. Break & Enter moves into Loose Ends, keeping the more mellow bass going. Wicked hearing The Beginning again, build at the breakdown in Break & Enter + working wonders at the drop, both tunes really complimenting each of the in the mix. The more driving bass riffs of The Beginning with the funky vibes & plinky notes of Break & Enter stood out in that mix. Absolute Monster was also another pleasing listen & nice to hear again in a mix, with its subtle driving parts under the quality riffs in The Beginning

As mentioned before, loved the tracklist. Lots of newer bits intermixed with some older pieces + the Biggy acapella thrown in for good measure. The whole 3 deck thing worked for me, the way you brought tunes in- in the right kind of places that kept the energy of the mix up. Lots of favs in there from Static, Proton Pack, Cold One rmx, Spartan Law, Lunar Bass rmx, Framework, Creator to U Gotta Be Crazy rmx made me want to give this a listen. A faultless mix from what I heard. The only critiques I would give (+ others have mentioned that I do in my mixes) is to have more of the intro build up on some tunes, as opposed to having things come in out of nowhere a fair bit. Also, would like to hear more of the mix of the 2 tunes in some instances. I think 1 lot of 32 bars in the mix is never enough & its far too brief in my opinion. Fav mix in there was The Beginning - Break & Enter- the way those 2 bounced off each other :) A mix of real quality Sneaks!

Would appreciate if you could have a listen through my latest mix & return the favour of some feedback if the selection is up your street - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...uffhouse-Consequence-Scuba-FIS-Nico-Skeptical
That might just be the most detailed feedback I've ever seen mate, bra-fucking-vo! Really appreciate it.

Yeah course I'll return the favour. Got fuck all on this weekend, so can chill with some tunes for the first time in a while. Can't promise it's gonna be up the standard of that analysis there though!

Back
Top Bottom