Mr Fletch's Supertastical tutorial request thread!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
As most of you are aware I've begun making a few simple tutorial videos to help some people out. I really enjoy doing this and get a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever I know it's helped someone out. A real sense of satisfaction. And if I can share what I've learnt over the last few years then why the fuck not eh?

Plus, my actual production activity has taken another nose dive recently back into the world of writers block, so doing these helps with my creativity too!

So......if anyone has any requests for tutorials, post them up in here and if I know how to do it, I'll make a vid for it and post it!

Right guys, no worries, I'll work on a drum layering and drum EQ tut today. As for the general EQ tut, I'm not sure how easy it'll be to do a vid on it because EQ is such a broad topic, and theres so many different elements involved in a track, that all need EQ'ing differently. I actually found that written descriptions and still images were alot easier to take in and understand when I was learning EQ.

How about one on how you go about making a bassline?

I'm not talking about programming synths as theres loads of videos on that, i mean like once you get a good sound out of a synth how to approach writing a bassline out with said sound, then any processing, layering and moulding back together type stuff? I guess something like that would be pretty useful to a lot of guys on here (me included lol).

Mr Fletch I would like to see someone else eq something. For me eqing is like feeling your way thru a pitch black room in the dark. Thank you

Yes I agree with Bass synthesis - maybe a little on the sound design and a little on your choice of arrangement and how to create groove?

ive watched some of ur vids so far but alot of it is abit useless to me as im not on ableton

theory is good an ill try out some ideas once i find the best way to do em in reason

good shit man

Tune structure theory / philosophy.

Compression / limiting.

Lol, theory and philosophy arent gonna happen, cos I dont have a clue about either lol! Sorry! Compression I spose I could do, although I'm not 100% on it myself yet! I know how to sidechain, and use subtle compression, but I'm not too sure about all the levels, and what they do. Once I've learned more on the subject I'll do a tut on it.

I don't know the definition for it, but a tutorial about making 'effective drums' would be nice. Like how you can make them hitting nicely without sounding distorted or too brutal etc.

Grtz!

Back
Top Bottom