mpc500 or roland mc 808

djvei

alrite, im thinking of either getting the akai mpc 500 or the roland mc808. im a newbie to production, which would be the most suitable?

thanx.

Try one of these

Trusto_O

Attachments

• zionw_organ1.jpg
    zionw_organ1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 57
start off with software mate, its alot cheaper, plus you can get all the sounds from those for free online

Hey, if you want to achieve real sounding drums and drum sequences, your best bet would be the MPC 500 or better. It does so much, and simplifies building complex drum lines. Dnb music is what it is today because of how the sampler works. All early stuff was done on the MPC. Repeating snares and buildups are all technics done on such equipment. What this and see if this suits your fancy. An 808 will never sound like what you want. It will always have that electro sound to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE3UN7CMByQ

I'd get an 808 personally but I'm so far ahead with software use there's no point moving to hardware for me !

I've played on an 808 and loved it to pieces, i played on an mpc1000, 2000 and one of those massive ones that cost £1800 and just not really liked em too much !

dont get me wrong, but whats the point of spending all that money on an 808 when you can get probably millions of 808 samples online and manipulate them 100x more than you can on the original thing..... also, what happens when you get bored of 808 drums???

dont get me wrong though... its a sexy thing to have!!

Back
Top Bottom