Mp3s on Cds

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Searched for similar stuff on the forum and net but couldnt find anything.
Some of the MP3 tracks i bought of beatport seem to lack some of the info (it doesnt display the track length in windows explorer or wmp) and as a result when i burn to cds (decent quality verbatim ones) those songs dont play at all, they give a random length (about 1.30) and don't play. (i have to burn as data discs because with the tracklength no programme will burn them as an audio cd)

Some tracks though don't show the track length and work perfectly well when i burn them. There seems to be no logic behind it at all. Can anyone shed any light on this situation or help at all.

P.s. importing and then exporting with audacity does make them work but they lose a lot of quality, which rather defeats the point
Cheers to anyone that can help

If i were you i wouldnt use MP3s at all because most players have to run so much decoding to play the song theey run ridiculously slow compared to an audio CD, fucking pita to use live and even at home.

If the trck length isnt being displayed then it hasnt downloaded properly, simple as that. ive never ever had that problem and i use beatport 24.7

I have seen this problem before but only from those crappy youtube to mp3 sites. It's never happened with beatport.. The best to do would be to complain to beatport but as a temporary fix I think burning the files as an audio CD should sort it. As it burns it encodes in real time from the audio and doesn't pay any attention to the tags on the mp3

I have seen this problem before but only from those crappy youtube to mp3 sites. It's never happened with beatport.. The best to do would be to complain to beatport but as a temporary fix I think burning the files as an audio CD should sort it. As it burns it encodes in real time from the audio and doesn't pay any attention to the tags on the mp3

windows explorer doesnt recognise the length, so you cant burn to an audio cd as it cant figure out how much space is being taken up.
Its not the id3 tags either, tried that - but thanks. il email beatport, and see if i can get the problematic tracks redownloaded or something - alternatively il try juno and see if anything similar occurs

cheers for the suggestions fellas

Back
Top Bottom