mp3s and audio cds

Upper_CutZ

Gwan people! Asked this up on DOA, had no solution)) i have some mp3s that have a low volume, would like to burn them onto a cd to give them a spin at a club. so to all the djs who play digital, could you please advise - is it ok to normalize an mp3 before burning it to a cd? or would it screw up the waveform? the thing is i am not able to adjust the gain knob properly as there is no signal indicator on the mixer(
cheerz

Normalising should be fine to get all the tunes at roughly the same volume, I don't know of any reason why this would have a negative effect on the waveform

Just don't go adjusting the gain on any software programs as this could result in clipping, but normalising will only raise the loudest point in the tune to 0db so providing they're all mixed down fairly well they should level out nicely against one another

Normalising should be fine to get all the tunes at roughly the same volume, I don't know of any reason why this would have a negative effect on the waveform

Just don't go adjusting the gain on any software programs as this could result in clipping, but normalising will only raise the loudest point in the tune to 0db so providing they're all mixed down fairly well they should level out nicely against one another

cheerz nifty, finally some good reply. would be great to hear more opinions on that, cause i am sure lots of people play off the cds...
thank u very much sir ))

Back
Top Bottom