MP3 mixers

Ian_x

I think I have started a thread before about wanting to start Djing again. I can't afford deck and to start buying vinyl again and even CDJs are too much for me right now. A mate just brought this into work for me to have a look at...

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqMixLab.html

I got to say its great fun to have a mix againand have found it online for @£60! I know it's not real mixing and once its beat matched it's easy but just for messging about in my house and maybe a party or 2 it seems brilliant! Just wondered if anyone had used it or had any similar recommendations around this price range please?

Thanks for any info!

Yeah, I heard of it but I thought it was more of a software based thing without using a physical mixer? Will have a look into it now cheers. Have you used it?

this bump is really not necessary at all. Do your research first, and ask questions then.

You don't know what the different ways are to use traktor, with controller, with a DVS (digital vinyl simulation), ...
What you are looking for is something with a midi controller.

So search a midi controller, and think about the program you wanna use it with. Most dj software can be used with a midi controller.
But keep in mind what you want, with or without soundcard. If you have a built in soundcard in the controller, you can listen to tracks before you play them etc,
if you don't have this built in, you won't be able to do this, unless you've got two soundcards built in your computer, or have an extra one laying around...

This should be a good lead mate, get reading and searching. Start with the website of the manufacturers, after that you will have an idea of what you might consider buying.
Then you start searching tons of reviews about the product. If that sounds quite right, and you're still considering to buy it, come back here and ask. Not necessary, but to be safe.

Now off you go!

Sorry I didn't get emails telling me this had been answered. Thanks for your replies.

ilovelondon thanks for your reply and help too. I know can google things and research them but I always like to get personal thoughts, recommendations, ideas and tips from people on here that I can generally trust and are all pretty much into the same thing ie mixing and producing dnb.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom