Moysalen - ByHerselfAllAlone - Remixes

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
aloha!
roger in bergen/norway is an absolutely amazing singer and kindly let me remix one of his pop songs. i think his vocals are breathtaking, could be the next jim morrison. anyway, I tried two different remixes, hope anyone likes these, looking forward to your feedback:

1) downtempo bass remix
> tried using as many of the notes and vocals as possible, pressed those into a 16/32 bar system, took me days to figure which notes go to what instrument and position (the original song is around 50BPM and freely composed), added rhythm/melody and processed vocals

2) oldschool DNB remix
> tried creating a real dnb track out of it, used only some of the original bass/chord notes, chopped vocals and kept it minimal but had lots of fun processing samples and editing synths ..

ohh, and here is the original :)

Last edited:
His vocals are very good! What mic/setup does he use out of interest?
Have you tried a track that is somewhere between the two?

Hi polymer, agree, great vocals by roger. I dunno what he uses for recording though.
I added quite a few effects on the original vox to have them sound as I want ...

Listened to a couple of your tracks, and I think this DnB remix is my favorite, because it has a bit of a darker, powerful vibe.

In general I think your productions sound to clean or synthesized and I'm missing some character in the sounds you use, but that might just be personal taste.

In this track I really like the individual sounds you've used, but they don't seem to glue together that well. Maybe try applying the same effect to some of the sounds to make them fit together better.

Listened to a couple of your tracks, and I think this DnB remix is my favorite, because it has a bit of a darker, powerful vibe.

In general I think your productions sound to clean or synthesized and I'm missing some character in the sounds you use, but that might just be personal taste.

In this track I really like the individual sounds you've used, but they don't seem to glue together that well. Maybe try applying the same effect to some of the sounds to make them fit together better.

Thanks man! Will look into that! (y)

Back
Top Bottom