Moving out and living on your own

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Forau, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

My probationary period for my job is up in 2 months, after that time im gonna move out asap.

Basically just want a house share with 2 of my mates.

Any stories, advice, pro's and cons about moving out and living on your own?

No replies from uni students please who think their all independent and shit living on their own when in fact their just leaching off mummy and daddy and racking up their student loan. Want answers from people living in the real world =P.

My major "pro" for doing it is not having to deal with grief, and not having to hide my occasional dabblings in illicit substances.

$pyto likes this.
  2. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

At least your mum wont have to put up with you walking naked round the house any more Dedbult...

3. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Thats very true. I do like a good naked cooking sesh.

4. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Fuck knows really man, just have fun haha, I did the whole parties all the time thing for a while but it gets boring and you get depressed by burning the candle at both ends but I would never regret doing it and at the same time would never go back to doing it all again, enjoy lol!

5. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

I moved in with some friends I've known all my life thinking that it would be plain sailing, cos we knew each other so well, completely different story, I discovered one was a manic depressant, we fell out one evening and he ended up throwing a small samurai sword at me so I went downstairs and trashed the kitchen with my acoustic guitar like the Honky Tonk Man, Cant even remember why we fell out.

We used to rent a room out to lodgers, that was fun open house at the weekend loads of parties, sometimes it would go too far, wake up to go to work monday morning walk into to the lounge and there would be loads of complete strangers sipping white star watching the morning news plus random stains and smells all over the house, sometimes you want a slight bit of sanity and freedom now & again. yana

Luckily my friend owned the house, so paying rent was easy, and we just looked after ourselves I dunno how to go about splitting bills etc.

I don't think I can handle house sharing nowadays, but seeing your age you should deffo get out there and do it as soon as possible

P.S don't get a fluffy pet, someone will try & shave it for a "laff"

6. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Haha, yeah.

Tbh probably wont throw too many parties, just gonna be on a standard after-rave afterparty flex.

Yeah, sharing with best mates and that is a bad idea. Best to share with people you know well enough to know you like, but not well enough to call em close mates.

7. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

I rent with a mate i've known for about 3 years, pro's are having your own freedom, being able to do what you want. Con's are its tricky to find a good time to knock one out in private.

Pretty expensive though

8. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

I might have to move out this year too. It scares the shit out of me if I'm honest

9. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

i'm moving out this week. i'm fucking terrified.

10. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

i may be a studant now but i have lived on my own in the past. i say the only things you need to keep on top of is buying food cleaning products and doing your share of the house work. and respect your mates room space.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

and keeping up with the rent.

11. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

I pay rent at home, upping it so I get a feel for it and the extra money is going into savings. Hope to get a pay rise soon lol

12. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

It's really not that scary, you soon adjust to it, the freedom part over compensates the feeling of leaving the nest so to speak, bills are the main shit arse fuck thing to deal with, as long as you get a nice simple system sorted, dont' over complicate it, draw it down the line and stick to it so it will become the norm and no one will be an ass over stupid lil things

13. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Yup bills are a fucking shit-cunt. The missus and I live in a pretty decent flat and having the freedom to do what the fuck ever is great. It's just the whole having to be thrifty with your money thing that grinds my gears. Actually hate it with a passion!

14. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

rich haha honky tonk man. rule.

im in a similar situation, since my ex got locked up in the loony bin im left with all the bills and the whole rent and it is no small rent believe you me. what to do what to do. so its like moving out on your own, in a sense. its brilliant having the flat to myself though, feels a little like i been wanting this for a long time. could be i subconsciously manufactured this situation. its funny how the mind works.

15. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Made me lahf.

Anywho, I'm not as desperate to move out just as yet, but I just resent the whole renting thing. As in, paying for someone's mortgage for them..and they're making a profit as well. Plus bills, insurance, food etc...it's hard enough now trying to save up, just for the sake of having savings. Let alone if you had to save up for something when you're paying for a

16. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

hoping to be able to move out by the end of the year. Need my freedom, plus my mum might be working in california next year (I don't want to go, and my minor drug offence probably won't let me in).

It is daunting, but it's my main motivation to getting myself employed atm. I know i can look after myself as far as making sure i'm eating properly and keeping the place tidy, but i've always been terrible with money, always.

17. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

try and all pay for your own food.. always causes issues. someone ends up taking the piss.. Also choose your flatmates carefully. if someone defaults on rent.. it will be u and ya mate who has to front the money. Also u need to all have ur space and mutal agreement when it comes living under eachothers feet.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Living in a flat at the momebnt with my bird.. 650 a month rent, 130 council tax .. food.. sky.. broadband.. car... insurance... overdraft fees.. blah fucking blah!! now were moving inot a room at one of my mates houses so we can eventually save for our own house.

18. logikz

i understand your anxiety, sixteen is an early age to move out of the house. dont worry itll be fine, a girl i used to know did just that and had a fantastic flat in gothenburg for the three years she was in school there. the government paid for most of it and her parents the rest. used to hang out a lot in that flat. she had pointy features (nose, chin) and a slim mouth, and she was petite. her vagina looked like a dead squid, weirdest thing i ever saw. wonder if shes dead yet.

19. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

^^ sounds fit

20. logikz

was alright, the kind of girl you could lift and fuck for a while. longer than a minute i mean, you can do a minute with most any girl but it gets pretty heavy so got to put her down and do something else.