Moving on to serato or similar for cdjs???? advice please

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
ez all....

I want to get a serato type controller for my set up.....ive had enough of rifling thru piles of cds and burning from my laptop all the time..... so i got a laptop, cdjs.....so what do you thinks the best one for me to go for...?? it'd be so much easier to use the laptop where all my tracks are rather then searching thru piles of cds and remembering which track is which.

I have serato sl3 and as amazing as it is kinda wish i went for Traktor 2, its cheaper and the native instruments controller you can get for it is sick saying that thow serato is solid as fuck and has only crashed on me like once or twice and i hear traktor crashes more

I have the SL-1 picked it up 2nd hand on eBay for £200 with 4 timecode records, best purchase i made as far as i can grab any tune i want and throw it in the mix. Having said that i miss the physical media of collecting wax, so i still grab odd releases just to have on vinyl. Having said that if i was cdj kinda of guy, i'd make sure my cdj had usb and rock out the usb sticks loaded with tunes and leave the laptop alone.
My thoughts.

wicked lads/.......i dont want to have one of them controllers that mix for me......ie, beat match n shit...its just where i can access my tunes on the lappy rather than going thru physical cds

....as for vinyl.....nah, theres so much pro's for using digital....i was really against digital until i started getting tunes aim'ed to me and i finally started using cdjs....having said that i still love vinyl. but guess you gotta move with the times or get left behind.

wicked lads/.......i dont want to have one of them controllers that mix for me......ie, beat match n shit...its just where i can access my tunes on the lappy rather than going thru physical cds

it is a controller but not like that its more for effects, loops, VST controller not actual mixing it just sits besides your turntable a small box with pads & knobs

Controller have pitch shifters...why automatically becasue you have a controller does it mean you have to use sync...fuck that shit. Also, Serato does not have a sync function.

I was so close to buying serato on finance today!! Conscience got the better of me! I definitely agree that vinyl is getting too expensive and not practical :(

I was so close to buying serato on finance today!! Conscience got the better of me! I definitely agree that vinyl is getting too expensive and not practical :(

Its not just that mp3's are cheaper its that you can get stuff before its released straight from the artist (if you beg and lick arse enough that is lol).....But yeah, i mean an mp3 is about 1.29.....vinyl is what?.....£6......plus its so much easyier to buy online....and if you lose your record bag your fucked.....lose a wallet of cds...you can just re-download them or re-copy from your pc or lappy.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

What about intimidation?? is that any good....my mate just paid 90 odd quid and rekons its the bollocks

What about intimidation?? is that any good....my mate just paid 90 odd quid and rekons its the bollocks

Ive heard bad things about intimidation and pretty much all the other budget systems out there.

You know what they say; buy cheap, buy twice.

Personally I prefer traktor, but serato is also industry standard. More clubs seem to be investing in soundcards for the booth these days, serato seems to have this in its favour. But traktor looks to be leading the pack in terms of innovation and flexibility.

[video=youtube_share;aINKALs3Vso]http://youtu.be/aINKALs3Vso[/video]

Back
Top Bottom