movin 2 brighton

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by generaldissaray, Sep 24, 2008.

1. generaldissaray

generaldissaray Member

ez all just wonderin if any one here is from brighton cos im movin there this weekend from kent.
    i kno some clubs and that but not many, any ones i should look out 4

peace

2. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

I dont live there but some mates of mine have moved there its a small place so you will find yourself around there pretty quickly

loads of dnb nights there just steer clear of leather collars etc. unless thats your type of thing

3. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

brighton has a good dnb scene of all types , not just "main room big names" ... infact , at least 2-3 nights awk something should/could be found , just stay off WEST ST as thats where your find usual friday/saturday night crowd go ...

im sure you wont be dispointed and best thing to do is go to rounder records in the square just off the lanes , ask people they will happierly tell you were it is , and all the up n coming events nights will be posted there ...

may see you down there as while im in the uk i spend a fair amount of time there myself as i used to live a few summers ago ... infact im there this weekend to see fatboyslim on the beach !!!! bring it on

[​IMG]

22.00 - 05.00
    @ The Volks, Madeira Drive, Brighton

ROOM 1 - DRUM AND BASS WITH:

ED RUSH
    DJ LOXY
    BROOKES BROTHERS
    ELISA DO BRASIL (FRANCE)
    GARY SAN (FRANCE)
    DLM
    UNISON

W/ MCS IC3, STAMINA, YOUTHSTAR, BRUNO, DOUBLE J

ENTRY JUST £6 BEFORE 23.30, £8 AFTER

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  4. Mattix

Mattix Sub Focus anyone?

Brightons the nuts mate! I live about half hour away and am there most weekends! Quality d'n'b! Look out for nights by Devotion, Meltdown, Dark Ligt, Autopsy, Strictly Drums & many more! Im movin there next year! Def the place to be !

Party Inspectors right though, West Street full off the cheesey chavtastic clubs.

5. Mattix

Mattix Sub Focus anyone?

Are yes!!! Just realised your advetising the night im going to! Ive booked it off work especially to see Brookes Brothers!!!

6. AfroJafro

AfroJafro Member

Make sure u check out Digital where Meltdown do a few nights.. The sound system does d n b justice. We have so many d n b nights its untrue lol which is a good thing.
    Volks club is the best bet for you.. LOADS of d n b at that club.. Hope you enjoy it in Brighton bro

7. K motion

K motion Rollin' deep

Brightons wicked mate, ur gonna love it!!!

8. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

how good are the Uni's there? i've started sixth form, and im thinking about the Uni's i hope to go to. Preferably to study IT or IT/Business combined but i want a uni with a good rave scene and from what you guys are saying Brighton is the business lol

9. BeyondTherapy

they have a good repitation like most uni's - brighton uni and sussex uni .. plus plenty of different college compamus's if i recall ,.. ive never done the uni route as im think ? but lived in brighton and havent heard people complain about the uni's there at all if anything the reverse

10. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

That's one sick signature Panty, Who is that, Dustin Dollin?

11. BeyondTherapy

indeed

12. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Skater recognition skills, I has them.

I really like the way you can properly see him pop out of the crooks and move his front foot back over the truck bolts as he's heading for the deck... That's f'ing sick...

13. BeyondTherapy

so many things could go wrong fliping to a rail anyway but to crook it aswell ... dam ... amazing skills ... wished back in my day i had confidence / skills like that ... sounds like theres a few skaters on the site , mr dnb , joe yourself we may have to do a skater thread

:wave:

14. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Completely amazing skills to KF crook a rail that big at that speed is amazing, but the way it's done so cleanly and poppily is what's amazing, done like it's just nothing, that's some style...

I know what you mean, I wish when I was skating back in the day that I'd had the balls to try stuff as big as that... I'm way past the age where I could ever get to being that good now!

There's definately a good few skaters about on here, I've nearly started a skate thread so many times but have never quite got round to it...

Now there's Youtube it's much easier to find sick skateboarding stuff from years back that was always so hard to track down back in the day... Nowadays you just type in "Video Days" and hey presto, back then you'd have to get one of the old schools heads to go searching through their loft for the VHS!

15. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

cant skate but i loved watching the vids and playing the games ESPECIALLY SKATE. fucking love that game the satisfaction of nailing a kickflip perfect of a rail is millions better than kickflip/olliex20 on THPS
    i watching and playing street skating though, the grinds etc,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2iw6kqSyQ8

yo panty i love that sig you really should start a skate vid all types of skaters, sick grinds etc
    peace

edit:eek:h and thanks about replying to my uni question

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  16. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Dunno what brighton uni is like but my cousin did computer science there so it cant be that bed.

Went to sussex open day though and it looks fucking sickkk. Im applying there this year too.