Most pirates say they'd pay for legal downloads

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by richie_stix, Jun 9, 2010.

1. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

source

interesting(ish) little read on piracy - something i was thinking about last nite.

on the one hand, you have the forum fannies on here who need to get off their high horse about piracy, and on the other you have the pricks who are robbing dnb artists of what little revenue they can get by illegally downloading a track you can have for £1?

[​IMG]

2. DontLikeCops

DontLikeCops Certified tramp

I dont mind paying if the price is right, need to support the companys that make it or shit will go downhill

3. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

i buy all music if it is worth listening to. if it isn't i won't download it, simples.

as for films and TV, i will buy it if it's worth it, but if not i will probably just stream it on internets. don't watch that much shit that isn't on either 4od or iplayer anyway.

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

it is something that really irks me actually... the '21st century media' seems desperate to cling on to an out-dated model of operations! If there were sites where you could download, for example, films at decent quality, no fakes etc for a reaosnable price, lets say £3, i would be on it. Save the effort of finding stuff yourself, plus you get a nice little download to keep and it would keep overheads low as there are no manufacturing/distribution costs for the media publisher...

problem is they are all too greedy, so are doing shit like restricting bandwidth if you are suspected of file sharing, not even caught doing it!

time for the media industry to get into 2010!

5. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I download everything, apart from music, simple as that.

I've always paid for music & will continue to do so...

Film/Software companies can go suck my fucking balls.

6. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I buy all my music. TV shows and films I tend to just download, I agree with that artical though a lot of it is convenience.

A good exmple is the movie streaming on Xbox live, you can now stream full HD quallity movies instantly, it's a great service and I would happly use and pay for that, BUT it's like £4-£5 a film which is fucking crazy money just to watch a film once at home. If it was cheaper per film or they did a monthly subscription at a good price then I would use that all the time.

I think thats the way forward tho, you have a box connected to the internet, you fire it up, it has all the latest films / tv shows etc and you just pick and instantly stream what you want. They could do pay as you go or monthly fee choices and as long as it was kept reasonable I don't see why anyone wouldn't use it.

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

this is the shit i'm talking about... when will the media cotton on to what can be done with todays ease of communication!

8. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

It will happen like this, it's just people are to slow to get on it. The xbox is the best example I have seen of it so far... being able to pick a HD film and watch it instantly is really good. They just need to drop there prices and expand the library of films.

9. DontLikeCops

DontLikeCops Certified tramp

only thing is that its only streamed at 720p instead of 1080p but thats only temporary i guess sooner or later shit has to move withe times

10. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

I smell some kind of cattle manure

11. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I only ever download TV series and maybe the odd album or two of mainstream shit if I have a house party coming up. Software is a given. I have any Microsoft software at my dispense anyway due to my job but Adobe can fuck right off! Pay for all of my DnB and Dubstep though.

12. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

I used to pirate EVERYTHING.

I own about 4 CDs.

Then I got Spotify, £10er a month and I've basically stopped pirating music all together, literally.

13. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

14. barnesy00

barnesy00 DJZeroZero

this

15. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

try before you buy .. i download shit loads of ukhiphop .. if its shit , i dont listen to it agen .. if its good .. i buy the album .. most are like 5 - 7 quid anyway .. so no reason why i shouldnt.. cd collection are the nose

16. d.o.b

d.o.b I've been naughty, I'm banned

I donwload massive amounts of everything illegaly 24/7.When I buy something it must be super special,like Future Prophecies : Warlords Rising album... funny thing is that I had in wav illegaly before but I just loved it so much so bought it.

17. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

I buy all my DnB, wether it be on wax or MP3.

Hip hop and all that i D/L.
    Not often i buy CDs these days, only if it's a stonker.

I buy my films from HMV. £3/4 for a doovde ain't killing your overdraft is it.
    Software on my laptop is either a free DL from the publisher or cracked.

18. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

this is pretty much me! most films i buy are for sampling anyways so need to be DVD! :D

19. Osime

Osime Official Japanese Student

I don't download, I get it from my friends... who download. I'll buy a banger, though the last I bought was NSGNLCD001 and that was a while back.

20. OPBREAK

OPBREAK Technics

i pay for everything, especially music.
    as for getting tunes for free, do your work and talk up the producers and they will most likely send you dubs. there isnt much money going around the dnb scene and these produceres put all they make back in to it for the most part, and as for the huge producers ed&op, som, bse ...ect.. i fully support them and still pay so they can keep making quality tunes.

i dont watch movies really but dl a lot of documentaries from amazon. they are cheap enough and i like having them to go back to for learning, so they are worth it to me.

im not in to mainstream music so i dont buy or dl it, but if theres a tune i happen to like i will buy it.
    i mean c'mon its like a buck or two...dont be a cheap bastard ya know.:tut: