Most overrated tunes?

I dunno bout that mate, dave owen - still waters. absolutely beautifull liquid tune, really well produced and really nice to mix with anything.

duo infernale's - feeling blue is better i think. that is if you are comparing the use of lenny liston samples. I prefer the amen with that melody, adds a bit of grit and feels a bit more old school.

and the threads asking for individual tunes, not genres... so no, liquid doesn't count, and pretty silly to say liquid as its never really over rated because most people don't rate it all that much... it just is.

Search came up with nowt.

Me - Titan

There, i said it.

why has no one laid into you for this comment?! :teeth:

"Disco Dodo" - Lynx

its a DJ tool really, as a stand alone tune its not all that interesting, just bar after bar of "domb domb domb. domb domb domb." but its ultimate tease material!

off the top of my head i cant think of anything that i really consider overrated, will have to have a think

My open onion dearest.

I know it's great for teasing and all that but I just think it's a tad over hyped.

Much better Bad Company tunes that get massively overlooked.

Fair point, but I think that tune deserves to get dropped more on it's own merits. It's so fucking militant and deadly, over 10 years old and still sounds as fresh as anything that's getting made today IMO.

I think it's just that whole 'wall of sound' thing it seems to push across so well, that a lot of producers strive to achieve but don't even come close.

black tarantula is proper shit

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

t'was beginning of the end for pendulum well not the end but the startof their evolution into stadium dnb

true romance is a quality tune i reckon

:word: love that bassline, tune does not belong in this thread! (or perhaps i'm just overrating it even more)

Smash TV... liked playing the others on that EP but that tune bores me

Most Netsky tunes

Last edited:
For me, 'The Nine'.

This and Alien Girl.

Dont get me wrong, both quality tunes, but I don't understand the hype.

Back then I never would've thought either track would still recieve so much hype in 2010. I prefered some of the other Bad Company/Future Forces Inc tracks. Same goes for Ed Rush and Optical, always felt tunes like Subway, The Shining, The End 1&2 were better tracks than Alien Girl.

Just my opinion really, but I guess it's hard to argue against tracks that are still being rinsed 10+ years after they've been released.

Back
Top Bottom