DnB Most overrated producer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thought&process

Noctem Audio
I'm curious as to what you lot think.

Any subgenre is applicable of course.

It's a tough call for me but I might be leaning towards Enei at the moment... He has a few great tracks but I feel he's been over-hyped since Machines dropped.

Pretty much everyone on Hospital.

i hope to god you mean the new additions to hospital and not the originals. hospital has bred some of the best producers in the game, nu:tone, logistics, high contrast (back in the day), spy, london elek (he made some bigg tunes) to name a few. granted a lot of the newer additions are over rated.

i also have to disagree with the enei comment, i love his production style personally. but thats the beauty of a thread like this, its all opinions. i guess the obvious answer would be someone like skirllex (lol)

Break and Lynx are both highly overrated imo and I sorta agree with the OP about Enei. Also I don't seem to get as excited as everyone else does about Culture Shock and Calibre tune they both make some decent tunes but they don't get me as moist as they seem to do with everyone else. Probably be slated for that but oh well

i hope to god you mean the new additions to hospital and not the originals. hospital has bred some of the best producers in the game, nu:tone, logistics, high contrast (back in the day), spy, london elek (he made some bigg tunes) to name a few. granted a lot of the newer additions are over rated.

i also have to disagree with the enei comment, i love his production style personally. but thats the beauty of a thread like this, its all opinions. i guess the obvious answer would be someone like skirllex (lol)

Of course, old hospital was sick, some of their newer additions to the label (and some of the oldies new stuff) is some of the most over rated bullshit ive heard.

Break and Lynx are both highly overrated imo and I sorta agree with the OP about Enei. Also I don't seem to get as excited as everyone else does about Culture Shock and Calibre tune they both make some decent tunes but they don't get me as moist as they seem to do with everyone else. Probably be slated for that but oh well

its interesting to see peoples opinions. in this case yours is the polar opposite of mine. just goes to show that different people like different stuff i guess

I'm with you, minus Calibre and Break. I find them to be extra groovy.

Behave.

Hazard.

:teeth:

In all seriousness, it depends what you mean by overrated?

If you mean unbelievably popular when they do not deserve to be then as mentioned previously... pretty much the entire Hospital camp.

If you mean gets more credit from dnb heads than I believe they deserve then Break or Culture Shock IMO

He's not really that highly rated but I find Rene LaVice's tunes to be incredibly uninspired (apart from a couple) and cant really understand why his album was pushed to the front of RAM's releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom