Most emotional DnB tracks you have ever heard?

Crysidox

Mates, I don't think this topic has ever been brought up before and I think it would be interesting to see some of your thoughts on this. A couple of times throughout being in the DnB scene, I have heard tracks that had the best notes that actually got my heart racing from the dramatic feeling coming from those notes and the overall atmosphere of the track. When I think of the ones I am posting I am mainly focused on the lead synths and pad progression. (PS: This is a serious discussion, no nonsense)

Probably my top pick (Neutral Point - The Night Fury VIP: take a listen if you haven't, well worth it):

Another one is Kung - Misuse, the synth that starts at 0:34 is crazy:

Grafix - Encore, the chorus and the synths and pads going right before it are what I'm talking about:

The last one I'll put up is Hamilton's remix of Jasper Forks - River Flows in You:

Take a listen to all and post some of yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow disappointed in your usage of some neurofunk drivel as most emotional tracks???

[video=youtube_share;mT-1X0O9uNU]http://youtu.be/mT-1X0O9uNU[/video]

Makoto - Golden Girl
D Kay - Serenade
Seba & Paradox - Move On
Logistics - Together
TEED - Garden (Calibre Remix)
S.P.Y - Love Hurts
S.P.Y - What The Future Holds

Just a few there that tingles my spine

Last edited:
The first time hearing this + finding something that mixes sublimely with it used to give me goosebumps on my arms. Still does something to me & will forever be one of my favourite tunes from this sub-genre of dnb :)

TwoThirds & BadApple - Sense Of Being (Ft. Veela)

I hobestly can't believe that no one has mentioned Lenzman - Open Page and Andy Skopes - Reading by the White Lake

If you are focusing on lead synths and pad progressions then mine would be Telemetrik - My Lightyear. That track is the ultimate in D&B for me when it comes to emotion. Also Make Your Choice / Confession from Calyx & TeeBee are among lightyear as well :)

Still early days for this thread! Also..

Andy Skopes - Reading by the White Lake

Really good shout man. But for me, it's 'emotional potency' for want of a better phrase isn't quite the same on successive plays. What I mean to say is when I first listened to white lake it hit me hard, but on more recent plays it hasn't really provoked the same level of emotion. but that's just me!

no Utah Jazz yet? ok then

edit: had to add this one, not dnb but its one of Klute's best tunes imo

emotional as in lyrics or progression?

Hybrid Minds - Halycon
Hybrid Minds - Meant To Be
The Upbeats - Falling Into Place
DRS feat. Dub Phizix & Fox - Soul Remember
Blu Mar Ten - Starting Over (2009 Remix)

and for the top two, some videos:

I also remember having a wicked time at a local dnb night, stood in the middle of the rave / crowd, thoroughly engrossed in the music when this tune came on. Probably the highlight of the night

BCee & Lomax - Dust 'til Dawn

Top tracks from my 'feels' playlist:

Komatic - Silently She Cries
Well Being - I Heart You
Facing Jinx - Sleep In Heaven
Facing Jinx & Philth - Perfect Secret
Facing Jinx - Hungry
BCee - Generations

And the favourite.

Back