Mosquito Bites

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Radius, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Had about 30 in 1 week...most normal itchy annoying BS, but then got some wierd bite...no obvious bite mark, and more sore than itchy...then after a day whole lower leg swells up and have what looks like a bruised red and purple blotchy bit surounded by a very large ( covers most of shin ) red patch...what in teh name of ??? did it, and how luck am I it didn't bite my dick...( though I'd tell the doc to keep the swelling and sort out the itching !!1)

2. Triple M

Triple M Admin

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

30 in a week, are you living in a swamp mate?
    I'm lucky my blood is not tasty for mozzies, i dont get bitten anyway:sadbana:

4. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I can relate to that...

I get bitten to fook, and I'm allergic, I've had the full leg swellings / Elephant man face. It's really not nice, when they go into the muscles so just bending your leg hurts. I once had 1 on my eyelid and could hardly open it.

I've got prescription meds now, so as long as I take them soon as I get bitten I'm ok, tho they do make me very drowsy. I still get bitten tho.

They do go for certain people, (i.e. me) I dunno if it's skin scent / link to temp or something, I did check it out a few years ago when I realised I had a problem.

I've been staying in a hotel room with family members, I'll get 20 bites in the night, no-one else gets touched.

In Sweden, at barbecues and family dinners outside, I can get 20 / 30 bites over an evening and most of the 20 odd people there don't get a single bite.

It you don't get bitten like that, you say '20 bites?!' but for me to get 20 bites a day in Sweden, or when I've been to Tunisia etc is nothing at all...

It's a curse...

I think there's also a 'critical mass', like over 20 recent bites and that's when the body starts reacting very badly, with the big swellings that take ages to go down.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  5. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

Just to clarify. i heard once that mosquitos like potassium. If you eat alot of potatoes or bananas mosquitos are more prone to enjoying your blood. However it is impossible to avoid eating foods with potassium in them before an outdoor adventure, making this truly is useless information.

6. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

:uberlaugh :uberlaugh

7. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I once had about 200-300 bites after a night in the forest, on the piss. Looked like I had the plague. Didn't drink vodka for 9 years after that.

8. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Mossies love me.
    I'm a bit blue-skinned and they can see my veins from a mile away, I'm like a walking meal ticket to them I reckon. The mossies here are well cocky as well, they try to fly in your ears and nose. I got bitten to fuck last year, maybe 30 on my forearm alone, not to mention countless others that I could feel but not see.
    Now though, I've got some of that menthol/eucalyptos oil, strong as fuck and keeps the mossies away, as well as a anti-mossie burner for my apartment (y)

9. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

a horse fly will cause a lump.

10. Radius

Yeah I am starting to wonder if a mozzie did that bite or not....it was facked off tho so that is fine with me.

I guess all those woodland smokes ( every eveing) and mountainbiking in Bracknell Forest ( Mozzie heaven at sundown) would account for teh bites, and I do eat at least 5 bits of fruit a day so maybee like PG its da taste ?

11. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

i used to have a real problem with mozzies too. they don't seem to like my blood anymore, though :|

me and my boyfriend went to Corfu a couple years ago, and we forgot to shut the sliding door when we went to bed. we got INVADED by the bastards, and yeah, these ones tried to fly in your ears too - they drove me up the fucking wall. didn't have ANY bites in the morning though, yet my boyfriend was covered in them. weird.

12. Dj_Fozzybear

Dj_Fozzybear Greenpiece Records

Yeah man, Sted yourbite sounds like a horse fly to me, evil fuckers, they have a biter thing that is like a circle of teeth rather than a needle so you don't normally get a bite mark but because they are proper dirty bastards you get a well bad immunal reaction to them, also they are used to biting horses skin which is tough as fuck so when they bite a human they munch as hard as a horse there fore hurting more!!!
    I had one on my leg as well once did pretty much the same thing, big bruise type thing and swelling.
    I am lucky to be immune to mossies or they just go for my obviously tastier girl as she gets all the bites!!!! I don't eat much potassium food either...........hmmmmmmmm?
    I can see the headlines now..........
    "DNBForum Crew Crack Mossie Mystery!!!!"

13. Radius

Ahhh it all seems clear to me now...guess cos it was my shin I didn't feel it....Dutty little fackaz they are...

14. bbjohnson420

bbjohnson420 Member

Mosquitos were out in full force this weekend... With this humidity their frikkin horrible.. uggg