Mos Def - The New Danger

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by zeeky deek, Nov 19, 2004.

1. zeeky deek

zeeky deek Moaning all the time.

Anybody heard this genius's new album?

prolly the best hiphip (if u wanna call it that, a true hybrid of styles really) album i've heard for a very very very long time.

tune after tune says somethin important, and the general vibe of the album jus rolls on. never boring once (takes a lot not to bore me at all) - and at points the album jus reaches a point where it grips 100% of your attention with amazing production backed with mos def trademark concious wording and pin point delivery.

High points of the album include the marvin gaye inspired "modern marvel", a tune which floats on for 9min 19secs thru 3 different styles (soul, blues n hiphop), taking marvin's message about the community and applying it to the destructivness of crack addiction.

another is the rock backed brutal "war" where mos gets real angry, "i'm old school from of the hill, GO GET MY MONEY MAN" follwed by a screaming mos "FUCK YOU, PAY ME" (nice)

"the panties" is a rather tasty track about takin ur time with a woman - i'll say no more

"sunshine" - best produced track i've heard in ages. so smooth, and as usual mos jus kills it on it talkin about family, death, gangs and the stupidness of the "game" and its childish "playas"

and my personal fave along with "modern marvel" is "the beggar" a tune devoted to his lady at one point turnin into a screamin man shoutin "I LOVE YOU!"

all in all, i recommend a listen of this to everyone, just amazing, 5 years well spent mos!

10/10

2. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Finally the sequel to probably my favourite hip hop album. This guy is an absolute genius. Black on Both Sides was groundbreaking but from what your saying this could top it.

3. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Going to check this in my ride this week :teeth:

4. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Ain't heard it yet but love all Mos Def (& Twalib Kwali collabs).

Geniuses.

All praise due to the conscious poets.