mortal kombat tune!

always liked that snare. needs more action in the build up. I like the 8bitty synth in the background's pattern. bassline is cool I think, just needs to be boss'd out a bit.

percussion has a drum-machiney feel to it, work on that, but in the meantime maybe just use some quantize.

u using fruityloops right? use piano roll for percussion and your loops won't sound so short-sighted

reason 4 im using,and as for bossing it out,thats my downside on all my tunes i dont no how to faten the sound crisp without loosing the sound totally or muffling it out.what does piano roll mean mate??any advice welcome.

I LIKE YOUR RIPS ALOT. GOOD JOB A COOL TRACK MAN KEEP IT UP.. ONE THING I WOULD PUT MORE OF A BUILD UP ON THE FRIST DROP. SOME KICK OR SOMETHING. BUT I LIKE IT..
IF U HAVE TIME HECK OUT MY TRACK STREET LIGHT REMIX....
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

nice tune bro, like the dark sound, nice bassline that drops about 2:40. def need to beef it up a bit. are u usin just reason. i would save ur bassfiles as a midi on reason and then stick em through another daw software like cubase so u can put ur basses through vsts and then have total control. i like the use of the samples aswell mate. nice production m8

i just got reason but do have a disc lying around with cubase sx3 on it,ill install it but i did have ago a while bk and couldnt for the life of me use cubase,if you guys can point me in the rite direction once installed that would be great and cheers for the feedback it means a lot.

doesnt have to be cubase mate, it was just an example, there are plenty of daws that let u use vsts. u just gotta find the one thats easiest for you. the only reason i advise away from reason is purely the limitations it puts in place.

well just tried the disc it does not work,so whats a good iquivallant(spelling!)of cubase but easy to use for taking sounds from reason etc?

like whats already been said!! good effort tho, ive always wanted to do this game!!!

im into samplin horror films at the mo....

check my tune on this very page :)

thanks for comment mate ill check yours and the above peeps choons and get back to you.

the atmosphere about the track was good. agree with sati on the snare, its good. imo though the tune needs more breaks and the wob wob b line needs to be more diverse.

good skills though on the atmosphere

hello mate. Real nice track idea. is a little flat sounding. top end is needing some presence. Some mid range bass inserts could really diversify the bassline. Give the snare a little more snap, perhaps a little delay after every eigth hit.
Great tune mate. Hope you get it sorted

nice comments i will take all these things into account as its not finished so the advice is good,but as for top end etc i dont get any of that there is still a lot i need to learn.

by top end i mean boosting the levels of your hats, rides etc. This will give the mix a slight sparkle to its sound and stop it from sounding too flat. Make it sound less muddy.

Back
Top Bottom