More than one artist name?

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Do you guys think it's a good idea to have a different artist name for different genres of your productions or keep it all under one name?

I ask this because I've seen a few artists go under one name for their drum and bass productions, and use a different synonym for their dubstep productions. Also, my artist name of Prophet, kinda says to me "Liquid / minimal type sounds" but doesnt make me think of dark, filthy dubstep sounds.......if you get what I'm trying to say???

I'm considering the idea of having a second artist name for my dubstep.......but dunno.....

Whats your thoughts....

to be honest tho it doesnt really matter in my opinion
only time id do it is if i was actually eastablished artist etc
an wanted to make a completely new experimental style but didnt want the fans of the old music goin ah you sold out or something along those lines

ye id just keep your name for all your productions to be honest...stops a lot of confusion and only gonna help in promoting yourself if you have just one name...

I'd use the same name, it shows your skill to produce all the genres you like. I think the main reason people would choose a second artist name (like Spor and Feed Me) is because they are established and known for one genre and don't want to get flamed for making another one. (e.g youtube wars over artists leaving their roots)

i regret using so many diffrent names over the years, having to restart promotion over and over is a pain in the arse! but never mind, at the same time, it means i can fade away from my early dodgy production skills haha

Why make things difficult? For example, I wouldn't care if Jon Gooch (Spor and Feed me) made both Drum & Bass and house under the same name really. So if you ask me, I dont see the point in doing so :)

Should I have a Producer name? I just release everything as Jordan Parsons, which is my real name! :lol:

Should I have a Producer name? I just release everything as Jordan Parsons, which is my real name! :lol:

Each to their own really. My real name is Antony Fletcher.....which I think sucks, and doesnt have a good ring to it! Dont get me wrong....if I had a real name like Bobby Blankett or something I might use it!

Haha I see what you mean, in response to your question I would stick with one name by the way ;)

As others have said it would show you can produce a nice variation of tracks :)

EDIT: Oh man, this thread has really gotten me thinking I need something now... :D

Last edited:
Have different alias' if you want, but as Noisia put it, you'll be "pigeon-holed" under different names in different genres.

It honestly depends on the situation.. i.e: Spor would have been called a sell-out had he signed to mau5trap and produced Electro-House and dubstep under that name, which is why he is now also known as Feed Me.

I guess it doesnt really matter, maybe if your doing something very different, say drum and bass and house it makes more sense but if its just sub genres then stick with the same name.

My real name is Antony Fletcher.....which I think sucks
Antone, Fle Tone...i think that would be quite cool :P anyways, i came back because i thought, if your makin tunes that are two different genres, say house and dnb then yeah, i think two alias's would be a good idea, no matter what level your at!

...Snaz beat me to it.

Why make things difficult? For example, I wouldn't care if Jon Gooch (Spor and Feed me) made both Drum & Bass and house under the same name really. So if you ask me, I dont see the point in doing so :)

Noisia releases everything as noisia... They don't get any complaints i believe.

The multiple artist names come in handy in the record store though. If i would find records by spor, i automatically know it's drum and bass and give it a listen. If there's house cluttering the spor records, i'd have to figure out which ones are dnb...

---------- Post added at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

Sorry, don't want to hijack the thread! But how does "Transfigure" sound as a producer name?

sounds a bit too much like transformers to me mate, lol

Now you mention it, it is very transformers... :lol:

I need to think of something! May I ask how you came up with your name TC? Or anyone else for that matter!

Back
Top Bottom