More processed bass

Yes, thank you. That is my next project. Polishing up my bass.

If you've already split it then I'd try this

Overdrive your Hi's a little and add a touch of phaser.
Push up volume of mids a touch, maybe add some dist or reverb here. Not too much though.
If you've got a seperate sub track then bring down level of low end too.

Just my idea. Nice sounds either way.

This is a dipshit response, however I am going to ask it. How, do you split the frequencies? I usually create one sound. Use a splitter to separate that one sound into chous, phaser, envelope controller, delay, and reverb. Then run all the separate channels into a mixer(where I do my best to balance them to taste.) Any tips to better my process.

I also like to mention I am digging your song. Thanks.

lol. have to admit thats the DAW i know the least. so might be a better way of doing this, but this is how I do it in Reason.

Take the audio out from your synth, plug into audio splitter.
Create 3 Vocoder's and set to EQ mode and 4 band.
1st Vocoder mute levels of bands 2,3+4, call this one Low
2nd Vocoder mute bands 1 + 4, call this one Mid
3rd Vocoder mute bands 1,2+3 call this one Hi
Send all 3 Vocoder's to a line mixer to balance levels.
Done :)

You put any FX you want after the vocoder, before it goes to the line mixer. You can also play about with how many Vocoder's and how many bands you use for different effects.

Hope that helps

It is funny but right now that I feel like an idiot. I tired for so long to split frequencies and could never figure it out. And you made it seam so simple. You have no idea how grateful I am right now. Thank you.

remember you can put audio through any synth (except subtractor tho) to use it's filters, also MClass stereo imager is good for high passing things too. One thing that bothers me much about reason is that it doesn't have a standalone highpass filter...
well said that, remember this combo that will help you with your basses:
eq -> phaser with no modulation -> tube or tape distortion (saturations) -> bit of unison on high freqs -> send reverb.

I have notice I get an unwanted kind of reverb with the vocoder split.

Back
Top Bottom