more from ma-cheesenistom - TAKE ME AWAY {*>*}

:bump: ... LIQUID CREW ... where are you?
made quite a lot of changes and think this one sounds now good to go ... agree?

I don't think that kick and snare sound big or punchy enough personally. Don't know whether it's just me but I feel like they don't cut through the mix enough. Other than that it's nice, man. Do you mind commenting on my post? https://dnbforum.com/threads/reasons-what-do-we-think.197143/ Cheers

thanks for listing IFANMUSIC! interesting, I actually think the kick is coming through well enough. technically all is in line, all of the 6 basses are compressed with side-chain at least 80% to the kick .. and on my systems (I test 3-4 different speakers/settings) the kick is crystal clear coming through. I agree on the snare, I generally like subtle snares and I think it goes will with this track. cheers for your comment. I will look at your post. :2thumbs:

Last edited:
thanks for listing IFANMUSIC! interesting, I actually think the kick is coming through well enough. technically all is in line, all of the 6 basses are compressed with side-chain at least 80% to the kick .. and on my systems (I test 3-4 different speakers/settings) the kick is crystal clear coming through. I agree on the snare, I generally like subtle snares and I think it goes will with this track. cheers for your comment. I will looks at your post. :2thumbs:
Yeah it's coming through but for me just enough but maybe that's a purely personal thing and you should just ignore me haha. Cheers mate

I don't think that kick and snare sound big or punchy enough personally. Don't know whether it's just me but I feel like they don't cut through the mix enough. Other than that it's nice, man. Do you mind commenting on my post? https://dnbforum.com/threads/reasons-what-do-we-think.197143/ Cheers

it's in very poor taste to ask someone to comment on your tune, especially by hijacking their thread, just a friendly public service announcement. people will comment if they like it, if not, they wont... these are the facts of life ;)

I love this tune

it's in very poor taste to ask someone to comment on your tune, especially by hijacking their thread, just a friendly public service announcement. people will comment if they like it, if not, they wont... these are the facts of life ;)

I love this tune

Fair enough, I just wasn't getting any responses for my post before - I wasn't trying to hijack anything

I love this tune

no worries DOT my bro .. didn't mind it at all. better this way connecting with each other than everyone by their own. thanks for liking this track :)

clear and extremely polished sound machin, my hats off to you. i feel like you really have a winner here. only comment i would have is the kick and snare seem problematic for me (bear in mind that this comment is given that my listening equipment only consists of monitor headphones,)BUT ONLY until 1:34 or so. the drums seem a bit "drowned out" prior to that point in the arrangement.

i particularly enjoy the bass you have written- nothing boring at all. the vocal sounds outstanding, technically and artistically. this is, for now anyway, the best ive heard from you. or could just be my current favorite. i say to you keep producing because you are getting somewhere bro. mostly i think im getting nowhere with my shit, but its fun trying.

Thanks PD, glad ur are enjoying this bit of a summer tune here and ur seeing some progress in my recent tracks! In fact, there are 4-6 different bass synths and I had most fun tuning/arranging and melting them together. good to know this one comes well across ... one wouldn't know after 150+ times listening :2thumbs: PS: heads up bro, sound-wise ur miles ahead of me, truly!

nice of you to say that machin! however, we- that is, all of us in the forum, (cant speak for them but im pretty sure,) may well smell bullshit sir, (just sayin!) i'd like to be able to say that in artistic endeavors, not one person is ahead of another. however, i basically feel that actually yes, some indeed are simply more advanced or perhaps miles ahead of others in terms of ability to convey what they are trying for with their stuff.

nice of you to say that machin! however, we- that is, all of us in the forum, (cant speak for them but im pretty sure,) may well smell bullshit sir, (just sayin!) i'd like to be able to say that in artistic endeavors, not one person is ahead of another. however, i basically feel that actually yes, some indeed are simply more advanced or perhaps miles ahead of others in terms of ability to convey what they are trying for with their stuff.

Haha :lol: was just try giving u the heads up PD. If ur nose is smelling bullshit it's up to u ;) anyways .. I like quite a few of ur tracks and often I wonder how u made that sound... that something I admire (unknown music territory). Take it easy :)

Thank you again,machin. Honestly, I tend to think that my drum and bass productions generally sound like shit. maybe others are like me- and always are hypercritical of their own work. the encouraging comment you offer is certainly is well taken, at times i grow a bit hopeless and wish i could achieve the sounds and frequencies i hear in my head but am sometimes not quite able to clearly get them out into the world of other people's ears. The level of production of today's dnb scene is a standard that is quite high as you are well aware i am sure. I have 3 and a half years trying to produce and i learn new stuff each minute i sit down to do it. but i am years away from what i feel is a standard i want. I feel that this summer track you have here is approaching the level of qaulity that i hear from what i consider to be the cream of the dnb crop. nice work on creativity, mixdown and, idk if it was mastered but yes i am very impressed my friend.

Thank you again,machin. Honestly, I tend to think that my drum and bass productions generally sound like shit. maybe others are like me- and always are hypercritical of their own work. the encouraging comment you offer is certainly is well taken, at times i grow a bit hopeless and wish i could achieve the sounds and frequencies i hear in my head but am sometimes not quite able to clearly get them out into the world of other people's ears. The level of production of today's dnb scene is a standard that is quite high as you are well aware i am sure. I have 3 and a half years trying to produce and i learn new stuff each minute i sit down to do it. but i am years away from what i feel is a standard i want. I feel that this summer track you have here is approaching the level of qaulity that i hear from what i consider to be the cream of the dnb crop. nice work on creativity, mixdown and, idk if it was mastered but yes i am very impressed my friend.

Actually, what I like with ur tracks is that u don't sound like the "common DNB standard" but still on a very high production level -- interesting & original sound in other words. I stopped worrying about how close I can get in sound to the "current standard" (because I won't) some time ago and it lifted quite a bit of pressure in my productions for me. It's just a hobby after all and should be enjoyable ... just my 2 cents ;)

Back
Top Bottom