More D&B singles and EP's should be released on cd!

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So now everyone seems to be switching over to cd decks these days i dont see why original cd singles and ep's shouldnt be making a comeback! Everything is released on mp3 or vinyl, why no cd's?

I know most people will say stuff like "download the mp3 and burn to cd-r", well;

mp3 = 320 kbps (at most)

cd = 1411 kbps!

plus theres definetly something more satisfying about playing original cd's than some shitty burned cd-r with permanent marker scribbled all over it!

ok i know theres a handful of decent d&b albums get released on cd each year but its nowhere near enough!

also i dont see why producers dont put all their best singles together and release em on a cd, they would make more money!

Why not just buy the .wav? 320 and .wav are almost exactly the same. Plus it cuts down on costs when you have to manufacture a CD with cover art, track listing, etc. If I want cover art I just wait and buy the 12".

Producers release "greatest hits" CDs every so often. High Contrast released a double CD last year, and Logistics just released "Spacejams" which has most of his singles / anthems on it.

I think i still would prefer buying digital, i buy vinyl aswell but i tend to buy more white labels than full releases lol. i just like having the music not to fussed about the artwork

I miss walking into a store and flicking through hundreds of cd's :/

But fuck it, a producer never releases an album that i like every track of, its always 4/5 or something (except Rave Digger, that entire album was fucking immense).
I used to download quite a lot of music illegally, i wont lie, and thats purely because im not going out and buying a cd when i only want 2 or 3 tracks from it. Now i have mp3 stores, i love it <3.

I wouldnt change the current situation at all i dont think.

mp3 = 320 kbps (at most)

cd = 1411 kbps!

I'm not 100% sure but I think you won't hear a difference in those two formats with the human ear. Btw. most of the people I know don't burn mp3s directly as a file, they burn audio cds which decode mp3s, hence you got back to quality you had as a wav or mastered file?

Why people don't make CD's? That's mainly because the D&B collector/dj is still using Vinyl or nowadays digital, that's where the market is. Tho seeing the achievment of Hospital in the last couple of months I could definitely see them releasing CD singles for the masses but I just think it wouldn't work for the rest. That's why mostly only CDs get pressed for Albums.

I miss walking into a store and flicking through hundreds of cd's :/

But fuck it, a producer never releases an album that i like every track of, its always 4/5 or something (except Rave Digger, that entire album was fucking immense). I used to download quite a lot of music illegally, i wont lie, and thats purely because im not going out and buying a cd when i only want 2 or 3 tracks from it. Now i have mp3 stores, i love it <3.

I wouldnt change the current situation at all i dont think.

This made me lol

Back
Top Bottom