More D&B singles and EP's should be released on cd!

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So now everyone seems to be switching over to cd decks these days i dont see why original cd singles and ep's shouldnt be making a comeback! Everything is released on mp3 or vinyl, why no cd's?

I know most people will say stuff like "download the mp3 and burn to cd-r", well;

mp3 = 320 kbps (at most)

cd = 1411 kbps!

plus theres definetly something more satisfying about playing original cd's than some shitty burned cd-r with permanent marker scribbled all over it!

ok i know theres a handful of decent d&b albums get released on cd each year but its nowhere near enough!

also i dont see why producers dont put all their best singles together and release em on a cd, they would make more money!

TheTornado

VIP Junglist
Why not just buy the .wav? 320 and .wav are almost exactly the same. Plus it cuts down on costs when you have to manufacture a CD with cover art, track listing, etc. If I want cover art I just wait and buy the 12".

Producers release "greatest hits" CDs every so often. High Contrast released a double CD last year, and Logistics just released "Spacejams" which has most of his singles / anthems on it.

H*product

Heavyweight product
VIP Junglist
its a good point though. i like owning real cds. fee'l more like a real product

Fire starter

VIP Junglist
I think i still would prefer buying digital, i buy vinyl aswell but i tend to buy more white labels than full releases lol. i just like having the music not to fussed about the artwork

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
I miss walking into a store and flicking through hundreds of cd's :/

But fuck it, a producer never releases an album that i like every track of, its always 4/5 or something (except Rave Digger, that entire album was fucking immense).
I used to download quite a lot of music illegally, i wont lie, and thats purely because im not going out and buying a cd when i only want 2 or 3 tracks from it. Now i have mp3 stores, i love it <3.

I wouldnt change the current situation at all i dont think.

encounter

VIP Junglist
mp3 = 320 kbps (at most)

cd = 1411 kbps!
I'm not 100% sure but I think you won't hear a difference in those two formats with the human ear. Btw. most of the people I know don't burn mp3s directly as a file, they burn audio cds which decode mp3s, hence you got back to quality you had as a wav or mastered file?

Why people don't make CD's? That's mainly because the D&B collector/dj is still using Vinyl or nowadays digital, that's where the market is. Tho seeing the achievment of Hospital in the last couple of months I could definitely see them releasing CD singles for the masses but I just think it wouldn't work for the rest. That's why mostly only CDs get pressed for Albums.

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
I miss walking into a store and flicking through hundreds of cd's :/

But fuck it, a producer never releases an album that i like every track of, its always 4/5 or something (except Rave Digger, that entire album was fucking immense). I used to download quite a lot of music illegally, i wont lie, and thats purely because im not going out and buying a cd when i only want 2 or 3 tracks from it. Now i have mp3 stores, i love it <3.

I wouldnt change the current situation at all i dont think.
This made me lol