Montpellier & Vahkoricx - Kingpin

Really nice tune mate

That vocal sounds pretty muffled tho, not sure if that was the effect you was trying to achieve?

but other than that i enjoyed listening

Thank you :)
The vocals have been a bitch to work out right from the moment it began (originally we were sampling the vocal bit from DJ Marky's Ya Know and going to call it 'Still On It') and we're considering canning the sample and using another one or just removing a sample altogether, but we feel it'd make the buildup in the intro (0:43-1:05) feel a bit empty, which is the only real problem we're seeing. :)

nice sounds man! I'm liking the oldskool loping bass :)

Youve got a little jungle break in there at about 1:50, it feels really quiet compared to the rest of the drums. After that, when it drops, there sounds like some clashing frequencies between a kick drum & the bassline.
Other than that, good job!

I've noticed that, but for whatever reason I've grown to liking the sound, I know, I shouldn't hahaha, something about the sniper break (the 'jungle break' you noticed) just pleases me

Thank you :)

hey montpellier are you from Montpellier?

cool tune, i think the bass needs to be phatter though. big bass, boom boom

hey montpellier are you from Montpellier?

cool tune, i think the bass needs to be phatter though. big bass, boom boom

I picked the name cause it sounded cool (thank Depauw, Kennett, Stevens and Green) then realised very early after picking the name that there was a band by the same name. As is life. :(

Anything in particular I should do? :)

Back
Top Bottom