monstrous new dnb track???

I don't think it's that monstrous. A little dull and boring I guess.
I don't hear that much bass, is there a sub in your bass?
And for the drums, they are way to weak. I don't like the clap/snare, maybe try something else on that.

After going trough all this points I also miss some nice tweaking FX sounds.

yeh man, try and work on the sub - or add some in. With a nice bassline im sure you can turn this track around into something better.

Thought the overall production wasn't bad... good structure to the track. Drums a little loud in the intro... maybe even consider filtering out the low end in the drums to give the drop more impact. The intro/vocal sample sounded interesting but as soon as the drums played I couldn't hear what he was saying. What was lacking for me was a break/constant sound to keep the tempo up. Too much chopping and gating slows the sound down, a break would fill in those gaps and keep the tempo running.

The bass sound isn't really my taste... its a little too... colourful?? Struggling to describe it really... maybe too much modulation on the oscillators... kinda needs gritting up but then thats personal choice. Try adding a sine/triangle wave running the same pattern but lower and the bass will soon beef up.

Keep up the good work though... had a listen to one of your pod casts too, the dubstep one... Was impressed, only criticism, try playing saying 3 or 4 tunes then recapping on their names. That way it wont feel to the listener that your talking all the time and the show will flow better. Hope you appreciate the honesty bro...

Peace

BNGMovingLogo01.gif

Lee Fury & JTB
http://soundcloud.com/biteandgouge

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Keep up the good work though... had a listen to one of your pod casts too, the dubstep one... Was impressed, only criticism, try playing saying 3 or 4 tunes then recapping on their names. That way it wont feel to the listener that your talking all the time and the show will flow better. Hope you appreciate the honesty bro...

Peace

Apologies... got you confused with TongueFlap there... its been a long week.

Peace

BNGMovingLogo01.gif

Lee Fury & JTB
http://soundcloud.com/biteandgouge

thanx for the replies, i didnt self proclaim this track to be "Monstrous" that is the name of it!!! i.e the sample i used. just to clear that up, yeh cheers guys will put some more sub in, this was only mixed as i went along i litterally jus finished it. so will go back and re-mix it!!!

Random idea but maybe try input the dog kick from vapours sample pack along with the bass stab... obviously ull wanna play with the sound a little urself to make it fit, just a thought. other than that sounds like ur snares too distorted, kinda like if u had a dusty needle on ur deck (unless thats what ur going for) and as said, a lack of low end.

thanx for the replies, i didnt self proclaim this track to be "Monstrous" that is the name of it!!! i.e the sample i used. just to clear that up, yeh cheers guys will put some more sub in, this was only mixed as i went along i litterally jus finished it. so will go back and re-mix it!!!

Hate to be anal but your title of the thread does have 3 question marks at the end.. Maybe don't ask a question if its not ;)

Hate to be anal but your title of the thread does have 3 question marks at the end.. Maybe don't ask a question if its not ;)

sorry i will make sure my punctuation is correct before posting again.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Random idea but maybe try input the dog kick from vapours sample pack along with the bass stab... obviously ull wanna play with the sound a little urself to make it fit, just a thought. other than that sounds like ur snares too distorted, kinda like if u had a dusty needle on ur deck (unless thats what ur going for) and as said, a lack of low end.

yeh sortd the low end, i am unaware of that sample pack mate , and yeh was goin 4 a really distorted snare sound, i put quite a large amount of overdrive on one of my snare samples. and shortened the release so it basically yeh sounds as you described.

sorry i will make sure my punctuation is correct before posting again.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

yeh sortd the low end, i am unaware of that sample pack mate , and yeh was goin 4 a really distorted snare sound, i put quite a large amount of overdrive on one of my snare samples. and shortened the release so it basically yeh sounds as you described.

uve gotta sign up to 36hertz.com to get it, free download, a ragga pack there too with some nice vocal clips in

Back
Top Bottom