Mono Sub Bass In Reason 4 ????

the-rippa

I'll Kill You Bastard !!!
Quick question,

Ive made plenty of tunes in Reason, but i want to change the sub bass in my tunes to mono, for vinyl cutting purposes (if i need to ??)

Can i do this by adding a "Mclass Stereo Imager" to the sub and turning it to mono, and if so what should the crossover frequency be ??

Or is there a simpler way ??? :confused:

Yea you'll need bass in mono for cutting to vinyl, the easiest way to do it is to only plug in the left signal cable from your bass instrument to the mixer, if theres no right signal cable in a stereo input it will automaticly pan the mono signal accross both sides. Thats why the left inputs are usualy labeled as Left(mono).

Yea you'll need bass in mono for cutting to vinyl, the easiest way to do it is to only plug in the left signal cable from your bass instrument to the mixer, if theres no right signal cable in a stereo input it will automaticly pan the mono signal accross both sides. Thats why the left inputs are usualy labeled as Left(mono).

This

bass in stereo? that would sound weird wudnt it...

More than likely yea, the machines that cut plates dont much like it either, found this on the Vinyl Carvers website:

"Phase is more or less irrelevant to cd but for best quality vinyl cutting it’s very important.

If the mix is in phase, the cutter stylus will move from left to right - if the mix is out of phase it causes the stylus to move up and down. Too much up and down movement will produce a groove that's too shallow or interrupted. This will cause the playback needle to jump.

Especially the bottom end is very critical. If the bass is in stereo, the cutter stylus will leave the surface of the record – the plate will be unusable."

THIS!

bass in stereo? that would sound weird wudnt it...

Its strictly ONLY sub bass in mono, ive found if u stick your main kick n snare in mono 2 it helps those elements cut thru the mix most, an gives space for the rest (pads,other drum layers,low mids/mids/high bass etc)
No point doin the stereo imaging in reason tho wen u can just unplug a wire :)

Back
Top Bottom