monitors?

Discussion in 'Production' started by MC_Abyss, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

I've been working on a mixdown of a track, and I've been trying to do it with headphones, a lot of people say "good luck with that" and that I need to do it on monitors. My problem is I'm allways working on my music when my wife and kid are asleep so I use headphones, but I'm willing to work somthing out with them to get monitors if that's a necessity.. I'm at a buget of like $150 is there anything out there even worth getting at that price?

Here is the song were I'm working on the mixdown.

2. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

3. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Thank you for your help ill look into those. Have you hear anything about KRK ROKIT 5 STUDIO MONITORs?

4. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

alesis elevate 3, m audio av 40/30 . i live in a small apartment and i dont need that much bass from my monitors. i use headphones to tweak the bass. i use the av 40's. end of the day no monitor is flat...just get used to what you have and how it sounds compared to other systems.

5. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I've got the KRK6's and my production partner msmith222 has the KRK8s + Sub, we simply love them. For budget near-field monitors, you can't go wrong with the 5's IMO.

Cheers.

6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I too have the KRK6's! Good shout dear fellow, good shout!

7. Dead Awake

Dead Awake New Member

8. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

just out of curiosity. what sub is he running with his 8s and does it make much difference? ive been considering getting a sub for my 8's, even though theres probably no point!

9. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

i know this answer isn't really relevant...but id much rather spend the money on a nice piece of gear, the 8s are more than enough unless you are running a pretty nice studio IMO

10. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

this is very true. im more curious than anything, as i said its probably pointless! i need to buy a new computer before anything else really. getting a bit fed up of it randomly turning itself off!

11. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I believe he's running the KRK 10S subwoofer with the bypass footswitch. He loves, but really just uses it when checking out the low end during the mix. If you get the sub, get the footswitch–it's invaluable.

12. JReilly

JReilly Member

Just gonna throw out the Yamaha HM50's or HM80's (if your budget can stretch) for some solid low priced monitors.

To be honest, unless your gonna invest in high end monitors and treat your room you are gonna have a coloured sound. If (like most) you can't afford that shit, u need to reference your tunes on as many different sources as possible and try to iron out anything that doesn't translate.

13. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

+1