Monitors

Discussion in 'Production' started by wilf, Mar 22, 2011.

1. wilf

wilf Fliwo

Hey,
    I'm finally looking to invest in some monitors as I've realised my current set-up just won't cut it.
    I'm aware that monitors are very much a thing of personal preference, but what are the most popular ones in dance music, and specifically dnb, production? Am looking to make this a long term investment so money not really an issue.
    Heard good and bad things about Mackies, also Adam Audio usually gets pretty good reviews?
    Any help appreciated

2. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

You've sort of answered your own question, its a lot down to preference. One thing I'd say is avoid having a sub, although the idea of more bass might be tempting, its more hassle than its worth unless your careful with room design, and decent nearfields will give you a good enough idea of the low end anyway.

Have a search, theres quite a few threads about this sort of thing, have a look through see what sort of thing people are repping.

Trust me, when monitors are concerned, money will still be an issue!

3. felun

felun Member

i just got some dynaudio bm6a mk2, previously i had some event 20/20 bas, and the difference is amazing. I dont feel i need a sub with the dnyaudios and the sound seems flatter. Ive heard the adam a7x could need a sub.

lovin the bm6as!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011