Monitors

Chemical Bliss

So, I'm fairly new to producing and having alot of fun playing around with sounds. At the momoent I'm using some pretty poor equiptment i.e a pair of £25 sony studio monitor headphones (they were only half price so I only paid £13 odd). I'm having real trouble hearing sub bass through them and it's really frustrating. I have £200 saved, I know it's not much but I was wondering if I could get any decent monitor speakers for that price, i spoke to a friend who has a pair and he said for that price he would advise just getting 1 and saving up for another at a later date ( he mentioned looking at ebay), he also said I would need an external sound card. I've been having a look around but not really getting anywhere because I don't really know what I'm talking about. I don't want to get some in my price range just off the sake of getting some if they won't do the job. If anyone in the know could give me some advice that would be much apreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sam.

Like the Twat I am, I didn't use the search function and just did and found a thread answering my main question, sorry. Still if there is any advice it would be nice.

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?115875-Monitor-Speakers-for-less-than-%A3200

Last edited:
Alexis m1 actives bro... Can be had for just over 2 ton, also some yamahas (name escapes me) for a similar price, but apparently they are hard to get a good sound on unless you know what your doin... However, if it does sound good on them you know it should soound good on most systems!

Also, monitors without a sub still won't have great bass

Yer from having a look around the Alesis M1 Active MkII seem like evrones choice in the price range. I'm assuming I won't need to purchase anything else as they have a built in amp. I can just plug them in to my laptop and go?
Cheers for the quick response!!
Peace

You're likely to get high noise levels and interference from your laptop soundcard though. I'd advise to start saving up for an audio interface next. They can come pretty cheap if you don't need many inputs or outputs. Search for M-Audio for example, their USB range is pretty cheap.

If you cant hear the then bass then try and see it instead,
Plugins such as IXL Inspector will help to she you what frequencies are hitting what volume ;)
Also try and save as much money as you possibly can,
I bought a set of 6" tannoys and hated them,
Sent them back and put more money into some mackies hr824's
Never looked back =] lol

Back
Top Bottom