Monitors

BLoodstaiN`

I've looked up quite a few posts of monitors but none answered my question.

To start i'd get to get me some monitors because at the moment i'm produing with these speakers built in my computer screen and my Reloop RHP-10 but i've experienced that producing with a headset (Even though it's a very good one imo) is a lot different because i've had the chance to produce in a party room (capacity: 300) and use the speakers to produce. was amazing. so i want to buy these monitors but i'm a low budget guy that still goes to school. So what do you people suggest on buying?
I do want monitors that cover all frequencies nicely and well, not monitors that miss out a range of frequencies.
They don't have to be the cheapest but still friendly to my wallet

I'm not an easy guy on that but i'm sure you guys will come up with a good suggestion o:

Get those Behringer Truths, many of my mates who also produce use them and the sound is ok. Maybe a tad heavy on the bass but at least you get to hear it.

They're very much in the bottom of the price range as well.

400.00 EUR = 337.381 GBP
But that's really my maximum, prefer to go a bit lower than that, is that possible to get some decent one's then?

Easily enough for a first pair of monitors, krk g2s are quite popular and i think the 5" models range from about 200-250 quid for a pair. I've got a pair and i'm very happy with them. You're even left with enough money to get a pair of decent headphones to a/b your mixes on (y) thats if you wanna spend or save the extra cash :P

Easily enough for a first pair of monitors, krk g2s are quite popular and i think the 5" models range from about 200-250 quid for a pair. I've got a pair and i'm very happy with them. You're even left with enough money to get a pair of decent headphones to a/b your mixes on (y) thats if you wanna spend or save the extra cash :P

Spent 100 Euro on the reloop headset, that's about 84 GBP on that Reloop RHP-10
http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info.php/info/p406_Reloop-RHP-10.html
And i'm very pleased with them so i'll prefer to save the cash,
May look into the KRK products, heard a lot of good comments about them

as woodz said the rokit 5s would be a gd option at around 250 for a pair, otherwise you can get the rokit 6s for 330 but thats pushing it pretty close to your max

Avoid 5" monitors is my only advice. I'm trying to sell mine off w/ sub, too much if a headache to tune to my room.

Alesis M1 Active mkII or the Truth's are what I would choose in your case.

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Avoid 5" monitors is my only advice. I'm trying to sell mine off w/ sub, too much if a headache to tune to my room.

Alesis M1 Active mkII or the Truth's are what I would choose in your case.

i just brought a set of mackie MR8s for £350, i know its just out of your price range but you should save and get these, cant go wrong with a pair of mackies mate

bottom line what ever our advice- make a shortlist within your budget and go and see your local Music shop and audition them ALL using YOUR ears :)
I was recommended several things, but ended up choosing Yamaha HS80's... I dont regret it for a second :D

bottom line what ever our advice- make a shortlist within your budget and go and see your local Music shop and audition them ALL using YOUR ears :)
I was recommended several things, but ended up choosing Yamaha HS80's... I dont regret it for a second :D

Word. Dont buy a pig in a bag. It's YOUR ears you will be using, not anyone else's. Everyone will most likely recommend something they have themselves. Make sure you get to listen to your favourite tracks (ie. ones that are professionally produced/mastered and ones that you know well) with the speakers before buying them.

who is this Reloop?

looks like rebranded parts to me.

on their 'about' page they talk about being a European
alternative to a market dominated by U.S & Asian
manufacturers and then it says that all it's stuff is made in Asia.

They have stolen all of their product ideas from other companies
and are cheeky enough to have a booth at NAM!

Jokers.

Back
Top Bottom