monitors or headphones?

sambo1234

Hi there im currently using some rubbish skull candy headphones :L not sure weather to get hi-fi speakers or monitors or better headphones im looking to spend around 150-200 any ideas would be a great help

better off with headphones at that price, you won't get decent production monitors in that price range

i've got the audio technica ath-m50 headphones, about £110 now and they are spot on, get great reviews online too

and avoid hi-fi speakers for producing

yeah but the sound quality probably wont be very good, better off running them through an audio interface

if you are beginning production just get some cheap monitors to get going and save up for something better later
ive never had good monitors
just switch between different sound systems to hear your track if it sounds good on most of em your going the right way

but saying that if i could afford nice monitors and headphones i would buy them.lol

Save more. go for monitors. Headphones cause ear fatigue, theirs no natural reverb and spacial imaging, width and depth are hindered.

cheers for the help everyone. i have bought some ath-m50 to use for the moment until i save enough for monitors whats a reasonable set to look at with out spending a fortune? or do i have to spend a fortune?

Beyer dynamic dt880 are great phones and are about 200 quid but I'd suggest getting the best monitors you can afford and upgrading later if need be.

I know plenty of artists who've made good tunes on behringer or alesis monitors. They're crap compared to more expensive ones but can do the job at a push.

Keep an eye on the second hand market, you can get more bang for your buck that way.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

cheers the thing that i am concerned with on the second hand market is how do i know they are working? any tips sorry for being such a pest! ha

yeh look up ebay dude. but have some common sense when looking at listings. If the bloke's username is bassline4lyf chances are he's been rinsing his speakers and hasn't looked after them properly.

Back
Top Bottom