monitoring question.

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
Question for people who have played out in clubs a fair bit..

The monitor i was using seemed to be delayed from the music that was projecting towards the dancefloor. So i ended up turning down the 'monitor booth' level on the mixer. Not really sure whether it helped.

So basically ended up mixing to the sounds going forward rather than at me!

All went well but was harder work than usual..

Question is..

A - would it have been the music bouncing off the wall back at me? ( the venue is a long archway type)

B - There was a delay in the monitor speaker

First time iv had to deal with that situation so wondered what its usually down too.

hmmm, im pretty sure the bounce of the sound wouldnt be enough to cause delay that extreme either.

I've experienced these issues before, but it was more the fact the booth monitor was causing the delay...or it was certainly having issues.

I pretty much mixed in my headphones for an hour, not ideal but gotta try and deal with this things as much as possible when put in these situations.
I didnt get a reason as to why it was happening at the time either.

Interesting how both the clubs you and Muzza mentioned are in brighton...

Yeah tried mixing in the headphones but found it easier trying to focus on the music going towards the crowd

I've experienced these issues before, but it was more the fact the booth monitor was causing the delay...or it was certainly having issues.

I pretty much mixed in my headphones for an hour, not ideal but gotta try and deal with this things as much as possible when put in these situations.
I didnt get a reason as to why it was happening at the time either.

Interesting how both the clubs you and Muzza mentioned are in brighton...

you suggesting the gays can't mix? :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom