monitoring issue thing

ShirPan

which player do you use for monitoring your track after exporting it from the daw?

ive always been checkin on tunes with vlc-player, but i get the feeling that the tune sounds much more shallow in vlc compared to within fl studio.

-> now, is this a problem of vlc or is it just the quality-loss from rendering the song into a mp3? any wisdom on this?

digital formats shouldn't change via different players, so yes, probably the loss in fidelity you are hearing from a better format. You can get better quality mp3's though depending on the type of bit rate used.

thanks, but with 320kbs as export shouldnt it pretty much sound in the player like in the daw?

also i noticed a difference between vlc and windows media player while listening, but still both were less quality compared to fl studio..

People may have a go at me for this or claim I'm wrong, but I swear Fruity's rendering engine is a pile of wank. Stuff rarely sounded the same when I bounced it out, and despite loving it and it's workflow and how it never seemed to crash on me, I've now moved over exclusively to Presonus studio one, and never looked back, fabulous DAW :)

^ think Vapour went in about that a while ago.. went into some mad detail about how shit the engine was!

I would use my DAW, then you know there are no media player specific changes introduced. As someone mentioned, enhancers, eq's, auto volume leveling, even limiting ! It is not a bad idea to see if your MP3 conversion holds up ok as well.

cheers

SafeandSound
Music mastering excellence

Back
Top Bottom