Monitor/Sub advice

MAATTTEEE your gasssing again. the frequency response on rokit 6's it 49hz - 20,000hz ..... how on earth you can hear & feel from 0hz all the way up is beyond me.

Let alone the fact it's not humanly possible :teeth:

to reproduce such low frequencys you would need a big ass speaker that uses an insane amount of power

i doesn't even vibrate its just kind of a pressure below 30hz

I used the older Event 2020s for several years and they were well worth the money. Pretty much all my most well known tunes were made on them. They kick out plenty of bass and I didn't need a sub with those.

I used the older Event 2020s for several years and they were well worth the money. Pretty much all my most well known tunes were made on them. They kick out plenty of bass and I didn't need a sub with those.
Jus wunderin, how was your studio setup when you were starting up? Did ya start big or gradually get better shit to work with.

the coaxial d5s are really good. you just need to get used to how they sound. also from what you say about your room, it will be impossible to set up a sub properly. save your cash or get a pair of good headphones (audeze :teeth: )

Jus wunderin, how was your studio setup when you were starting up? Did ya start big or gradually get better shit to work with.

Until 2 years ago all I had was a pc, the events and a basic mixing desk I used from time to time, mainly for distortion on individual parts of a tune.

I'd been making music for ages but getting the events, which were the first monitors I'd owned, was a big turning point. I made the track that got me signed a week or two after buying them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

^^

wut-du-fuq.jpg

I feel the same about every post that guy makes.

- - - Updated - - -

well me reacting that way is naturally from a lot of people not being able to "decipher" my complex codes called writing in the past when i first started out on these forums lmaooo... haha just saying

You're sentence structure is all over the place. You need to be more concise IMO. Also, sorry for saying this but a lot if your posts in the past haven't been accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yamaha HS80M are highly adviced by many, many producers! I also have 'm wouldn't wanna change :) Great value for money

This. I feel that they are so much better than the Rokits. The Rokits have a hi if quality to them. They sound 'fun' IMO. Arranging music is fine but I don't like their sound for mix downs

Just thought I'd follow up on this thread now I've made my decision and implemented it.

I went for the sub; A krk10s

and dont regret it one bit! Its a pretty big unit and im using it on its lowest setting, set to point down the longest run in my room, which i fortunately sit in front of.
It's surprisingly transparent and fills out the bottom end really nicely, my mixdowns are already a lot more predictable and better balanced than before. Coupled with a foot pedal its a really nice combo with my current monitors

this has all been done without room treatment, thats next on the list to sort out some of the reflections in my room.

Big up mate, that sub is a boss. just make sure you spend time listening to professional tunes when not producing too to get a better feel for how to mix with it :)

Back
Top Bottom