Monitor stands

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
Right, i am currently building up a serious studio as i have run into quite abit of money (Wahey!!!) and i need some stands for my monitors.

At the moment they are just sitting flat n my desk but this is just a shit way to have them as my subs in my tracks are vibrating loads of shit on and around my desk so i need some acousticly friendly stands for them and i cant find any.

I want them sort of like the cdj stands (only made for monitors)

I hope someone knows what im going on about lol, also if you know of any good site i can get some good gear from them i would appreciated it if you could share the love lol

Cheers in advance

^^^ If your planning to keep them on the desk this is a good option, most decent speaker stands are floor standing so you'd be changing your setup around. Hard to tell you what else to do without seeing your room, if you stick a few pictures up I'll suggest some stuff.

Take a look on http://www.soundonsound.com aswel, search for old "studio sos" articles, they will all give you a good idea of how to get a room thats not been designed for a studio sounding good enough to get some good mixdowns.

It's best to have them separate of your desk for sure, and the heavier your stands are, the better. This effectively separates them from any resonating material. That's why they should be solid too, to keep any cavities from resonating or boosting/cutting different frequencies.

you wont get good stands that aren't floor mounted. any table/wall mounted things are shit for serious studio work.

mopads or simmilar are great at what they do but if you've got space and money proper stands can sound amazing.

check out the stands on studiospares.com, they've got a good selection.

peace

Back
Top Bottom